verse parsing

wsbones

Beta Tester
Roman numerals :(

I was surprised while editing a topic about the apostles that the phrase, which 12, was parsed as 1Ch 12, especially since it was in the middle of a word.

I thought about adding ich to the list of expressions not to be recognized as a verse in the editor under the File menu, but it is very unlikely to ever happen.

It could also happen with "ith" as part of a word (like with) if followed by a number.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I'll look into adding a word break check before the roman numeral to eliminate the false-positive.

In the meantime, you could disable roman numeral parsing. While editing go to the file menu, select Configure Verse Reference Recognition, and un-check the roman numeral option.

2018-03-28_10-50-00.png

wsbones

Beta Tester
It's not a problem. I was surprised. Also after adding in ich to the list not to be parsed, I removed it again. I could no longer produce the issue. I exited and came back into SS. I also created a new topic and tried typing, Which 12? at the beginning of the line and couldn't recreate the problem. It might be operator error on my part.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a problem. I was surprised. Also after adding in ich to the list not to be parsed, I removed it again. I could no longer produce the issue. I exited and came back into SS. I also created a new topic and tried typing, Which 12? at the beginning of the line and couldn't recreate the problem. It might be operator error on my part.
I actually haven't tested it yet. Your report was a surprise (I didn't think it should mark that as a verse link) -- but regardless, I will double-check this in code. Thanks!