Video Quick-Tip: Changing verse formatting for copied text

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I got an email today asking about how to change the way verses are copied to the clipboard, and decided it would be easier to show in a video than it would be to explain in an email. I think I may try to do this on a regular basis to answer questions.

Here's the first SwordSearcher Video Quick-Tip:

Changing verse formatting for copied text in SwordSearcher

It's not "polished" but I removed most of my "ums." :)

I'll make a place for these on the website later so they don't have to be only on YouTube, but this is a start...

BTW, if you have any suggestions for these short bite-sized instructional videos, let me know. Thanks!

Brandon Staggs;11480I think I may try to do this on a regular basis to answer questions. BTW said:
Good idea.

Marty metioned REGEX. Maybe some SIMPLE examples in a video would be useful to get people started.

Also some simple FORGE examples. Most people probably don't know it exists.

BTW, if you have any suggestions for these short bite-sized instructional videos, let me know. Thanks!

There are so many wonderful features in SwordSearcher - it can be a little overwhelming when you first see the program, then after you get your basic setup, you kind of forget some of the other things it can do. Quick Tips are an excellent idea - both for first-time users and old-hands!

Quick Tips:
How the docking feature works
Preferences features - one section at a time
Comparing Bible versions, setting which versions to compare and toggling the shortcut icon
Getting module information
Cloning panels
Turning on and off the margin links
Using the shortcut icons
Creating a user commentary and attaching it to a widget so you can make notes and see them in the margin using the preview
Highlighting and underlining
Using Ctrl+Alt+V to paste verses into another application
Setting bookmarks

Let me know when you need more ideas. :)

Yep! HIGHLIGHTING and UNDERLINING.
I do have a major color code in me Paper Bible, that I can't reproduce in SS.
More "viva" color, "boxing in" one or few verses, being able to had "smileys" or signs into the highlight, would be useful and maybe, each highlight color matching a "commentary book".... Just throwing this.....lollll
Thank you SIR.

Back