What am I doing wrong???

john.a

What am I doing wrong :oops::oops::oops:.

when ever I download anything myself I always get this, I know I am doing something wrong :oops::oops::oops:.

SwordSearcher Bible Software resource module file [www.swordsearcher.com] [1163587858] THIS MODULE WAS BUILT BY A THIRD PARTY. THIS MODULE IS NOT PROVIDED BY THE PUBLISHERS OF SWORDSEARCHER.Hawker's DictionaryHAWKERSUSERG2W??V"??0?JJEL9??a?SS5RSC?a???????{?0 ???+?G?z????*O??q*??n X?g?p?a??_??X?Q?7?????n??%??. ECT,ECT,ECT.

I can download Bills downloads but when I want to add my own books, they go into my;

C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules

and they go no further. and this is what I get when I open the folder.

sorry posted twice :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'm not sure what you are doing but it seems like you are trying to open an SSBOOK with an word processor or editor.

When you download an SSBOOK file you just put it into C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules. Don't double click it - just leave it there. Then when you start Swordsearcher it looks in that directory for modules and opens them as a tab on the book or commentary bar.

Now if you download a zip file or an exe file you have to install these files. A zip file has to be opened and the content place in the appropriate directory (usually C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules). An exe file is usually an installer, and you just double click on it and it takes care of the rest automatically.

wsbones said what I would have said. I'll add that I have a page about how to install modules from exe or zip files here. Downloading and "installing" Bill's unzipped modules is the same as installing a zipped module, except that you don't have to unzip it first.

You don't open the module file directly. When SwordSearcher starts, it looks in the SwordSearcher User Modules folder and accesses the module files itself to show you in SwordSearcher.

Thank you both wsbones and Brandon, I see my mistake. :oops:

Back