What are you studying right now?

Keight

I am planning to work through Groom's Genesis to Revelations, and started the first lesson, Doctrine of the New Birth, at bbnradio. Doctrine of the New Birth lines up with the first Navigators memory verses.

Is anyone studying anything they want to talk about?

Johnny NL

I do study the whole Bible KJV, verse by verse with Robert Breaker @ : https://www.thecloudchurch.org/
I learn that without 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 "The Gospel", There is nothing else. SS8 Became my BEST tool to do so. All my notes and comments @ the finger tips.... what a wonderful tool ?!?!
The Word of God, KJV only, ... came to us, then SwordSearcher was created, MOST important assets in life, right before the "wheel". (period.)
Be Blessed, watch and pray...

Keight

Thanks! I really enjoyed looking around that site. The acapella hymn videos are a great resource! The hymnbook he uses is very affordable and easy to find.

terrpn

The Book of Job and how it goes further into evolution, science, etc. then the first couple chapters of Genesis👍

Keight

Tonight, I am reading the study notes in John Brown of Haddington's Self-Interpreting Bible. What a fascinating book!

I have a couple editions and the first one is from the 1700's I think. I see that his dictionary was "improved by his son in the mid-1800's and the list of his "improvements led me not to even bother to download it. The 1914 edition Bible seems different than the 1700's version, so some of this stuff must not be written by John himself.

Authors often write a book because there is nothing like it in the market. They want this DIFFERENT thing to exist. Then publishers and descendants insist on making the original more like the norm. I see this over and over. It frustrates me when the new editions push the original out of print, and I do not have access to the fruit of the genius.

Keight

Noah Webster's 1834 The Value and Excellence of the Christian Religion has some fascinating commentary on Genesis. I read a little of that today.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Foundations Bible Collegiate Church has begun their summer Bible study on the Book of Genesis and the first message was simply mind blowing. I'll post it here if anyone wants to take a listen. The first 32 minutes is Dr. Spence going through with the children of the congregation what is expected of them throughout this study and then he delves into it. So maybe you can fast forward to that point in the message. Well the uploading of an mp3 file is not supported so I'll post the link to the online file

2019-05-22wes - The Book of Beginnings - Lecture One

It's well worth listening to.

TerriP

Good morning, Ruthlyn! I am studying Genesis, mostly using my Expositor's Study Bible, Jimmy Swaggart Commentaries, and commentaries in SwordSearcher, all of which are a huge blessing to get as deeply as possible into His Word and Truth! I am taking my time (working full time job, too) and it's been over a month now, and I am just getting to where Jacob and his extended family and all are moving to Goshen...
Ruthlyn I clicked on your link there but it said "Page Not Found". Would you kindly review and hopefully point me in the right direction for the Foundations Bible teachings online.
Thank you!

TerriP

Thank you.

Martin Pitcher

Just starting classes again, book of Acts, book of Job, Manuscript Evidence and Music Philosophy. Personal study is in Galatians.

Johnny NL

Watching and studying Dr. David Peacock....
This is POWERFUL !! 👍 🧯🧯🧯🧯 This is on "FIRE".

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Ruthlyn I clicked on your link there but it said "Page Not Found". Would you kindly review and hopefully point me in the right direction for the Foundations Bible teachings online.
Thank you!
Right! That page was from recent additions which will move after a while 🤦‍♀️. Sorry about that folks and thanks Bill for posting the permanent link

Watching and studying Dr. David Peacock....
This is POWERFUL !! 👍 🧯🧯🧯🧯 This is on "FIRE".
Dr. Peacock, is a gifted preacher and has an amazing way of distilling the topics in the bible and making them understandable and plain.

As for what I'm studying now, is Life of Christ and about the Tabernacle in the Wilderness.