What are you studying right now?

Johnny NL

..... I'm finding it extremely rewarding and faith building. SwordSearcher's feature that allows me to import verses into my Word document directly from SwordSearcher (Ctrl+Alt+V) is really great! (Thanks, Brandon!)
[/QUOTE]

So So So True......
I just can't imagine my life without SwordSearcher, .... Right after my Salvation, it is a "Natural" thing.... "The Saviour" + "The Salvation" + "The SwordSearcher"....... SEE !!!! How natural it goes ????
Be Blessed today....

terrpn

Doing a comparison/contrast on Rev. 12:3 - Rev. 13:1-2, dragon vs beast, heads, horns, crowns, etc. Something peculiar, connected to that manna too.............:eek:

cmywheels

Tonight, I am reading the study notes in John Brown of Haddington's Self-Interpreting Bible. What a fascinating book!

I have a couple editions and the first one is from the 1700's I think. I see that his dictionary was "improved by his son in the mid-1800's and the list of his "improvements led me not to even bother to download it. The 1914 edition Bible seems different than the 1700's version, so some of this stuff must not be written by John himself.

Authors often write a book because there is nothing like it in the market. They want this DIFFERENT thing to exist. Then publishers and descendants insist on making the original more like the norm. I see this over and over. It frustrates me when the new editions push the original out of print, and I do not have access to the fruit of the genius.
Hi, do you have this as an electronic book or real book? It is very large as a book I'm guessing. You're correct, very fascinating. Wish it was a book we could get in the SS program. Mike

Keight

I think I only had this as an e-book.

I lost access to a lot of my computer Bible stuff due to major tech problems. I am just getting a Windows machine up and running tonight. The first thing I did was install Swordsearcher. I am so excited to have access to this software again!

marty

Beta Tester
I'm now going through Revelation with J Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary. It seems appropriate to the time, and I could use a blessing! Revelation 1:3 (KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. To get the most out of this study, I'm also using the Bible study form in the ABblStudy module.

Johnny NL

I'm now going through Revelation with J Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary. It seems appropriate to the time, and I could use a blessing! Revelation 1:3 (KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. To get the most out of this study, I'm also using the Bible study form in the ABblStudy module.
Is this one in SS8.4? (J Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary. )

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
No. I am sure marty is referring to a user-created module.

Johnny NL

Haaahahah.....Lolll
I need a coffee..... got it ! ! !
sorry.;):D

Johnny NL

Sorry Sir, yes she was.... in it now.
I had to look for it..... almost 3 screens of TABs..... lollll.
👍👍👍👍👍☝

marty

Beta Tester
Yes, the Thru the Bible Commentary is one that I've been working on off and on for some time. I wish we could have it as an official module, but I don't know how to make that happen. Several years ago I wrote to the people who have it asking if I could make the SS module and share it, but didn't receive an answer, so I'm just making my own.

Johnny NL

Yes, the Thru the Bible Commentary is one that I've been working on off and on for some time. I wish we could have it as an official module, but I don't know how to make that happen. Several years ago I wrote to the people who have it asking if I could make the SS module and share it, but didn't receive an answer, so I'm just making my own.
Yes, it is really good.
I was also looking at topics, like "End Times" and so.
The Earth was never in such a Great State like this before ever... just ready for a "Physical Change" and "Spiritual Change"...
Verses that I couldn't figure out 15, 10,5,1 year ago, that "NOW"... make the whole difference in the universe ! ! !
Amen... Praise God, and SwordSearcher.

marty

Beta Tester
You can download J V. McGee's radio commentary on both the Old Testament and New Testament here for free:
Large files so they take some time to download.

Johnny NL

You can download J V. McGee's radio commentary on both the Old Testament and New Testament here for free:
Large files so they take some time to download.
thank you so much...... 👍 😁

marty

Beta Tester
I'm sure this has been around for ages, but it's fresh to me - I've been reading through Revelation 2 & 3, and wondered what it would look like if the messages to the churches were broken up and regrouped by category, so here's what I came up with - basically, when reading through each category, I ignore the name of the church (included in the table so I know who He's talking to when I delve deeper). It's a work in progress, but I find it so interesting to see what Jesus says when it's put together like this. (I may have inadvertently included some notes from the commentaries...)

Ephesus:Jesus: He that holdeth the seven stars in His right hand, Who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.
Smyrna:Jesus: The first and the last, which was dead, and is alive.
Pergamos:Jesus: He which hath the sharp sword with two edges.
Thyatira:Jesus: The Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass, and he which searches the reins and hearts.
Sardis:Jesus: He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars.
Philadelphia:Jesus: He that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth and no man shutteth, and shutteth and no man openeth.
Laodiceans:Jesus: The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.
Ephesus:For: Works, labor, patience, eschew evil, discernment (tried them which say they are apostles), endurance (labored and not fainted), hate the Nicolaitans.
Smyrna:For: Works, tribulation, poverty.
Pergamos:For: Works, thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith.
Thyatira:For: Works, charity, service, faith, patience (endurance), works (the last to be more than the first).
Sardis:For: There are a few names which have not defiled their garments.
Philadelphia:For: Works, a little strength, kept His word and not denied His name, kept the word of His patience.
Laodiceans:For: As many as Jesus loves, He rebukes and chastens.
Ephesus:Against: Thou hast left thy first love: the love for Jesus.
Smyrna:Against: Nothing listed
Pergamos:Against: Doctrines of Balaam (bringing the unconverted world into the church) and the Nicolaitans (probably advocating license in the conduct of Christians).
Thyatira:Against: Suffering paganism, false prophets and teaching, idolatry, a departure from the truth.
Sardis:Against: Thou has a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Philadelphia:Against: Nothing listed.
Laodiceans:Against: A lukewarm church, neither hot nor cold, concerned with worldly goods and values.
Ephesus:Command: Remember and Repent, do the first works.
Smyrna:Command: Fear none of those things you will suffer, be faithful unto death.
Pergamos:Command: Repent, deal with the offenders.
Thyatira:Command: Hold fast to what you have.
Sardis:Command: Remember what you received, watch and strengthen what you have, hold fast, repent.
Philadelphia:Command: Hold fast.
Laodiceans:Command: Buy of Jesus gold tried in the fire, white raiment, anoint your eyes with eyesalve so you can see, Hear His voice and open the door. Be zealous and repent.
Ephesus:Overcomers shall eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Smyrna:Overcomers shall receive the Crown of Life and not be hurt of the second death.
Pergamos:Overcomers will eat hidden manna, receive the white stone with a new name.
Thyatira:Overcomers and keepers of His works will receive power over the nations to rule with a rod of iron, and will receive the morning star.
Sardis:Overcomers will be clothed in white raiment and will not have their name blotted out in the book of life, but Jesus will confess their name before Father and His angels.
Philadelphia:Overcomers will be made a pillar in the temple of God, they shall not go out, they will have the name of God written upon them and the name of the city of God, which is new Jerusalem, and Jesus will write upon them His new name.
Laodiceans:Overcomers will be granted to sit with Jesus in His throne just as He also overcame and is set down with His Father in His throne.