WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEATURE IN SWORD SEARCHER?

Johnny NL

MMmmfmfff?
some question. . .
"IF" I must choose; Ctrl+click (word) = Webster 1828 (for me). I love that feature!
(I became a KJV English master, ... loll)
Second: Scourby reading,
That would be that for me!

Eric

Beta Tester
Too many to list one only.
(1) Extensibility (user commentaries & user compiled Bible modules via Forge).
(2) Strong's links & Webster dictionary links. (This I almost did not mention since "every" program has it; but without it, it would be 80% less useful.)
(3) The optional Scourby audio files with verse-level syncing.
(4) Amazing support.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Same as Eric... there is SOOOOOOOO much to love it is hard to pick one feature. Like Johnny NL said though I use the reading of the Scriptures a lot. One of my devices is dedicated to the reading of the Old Testament, Genesis to Malachi, over and over again... helps a great deal to get me through boring household chores, I transcend while I listen to the Word of God 😊. I prefer to read NT, Psalms and Proverbs ;)

marty

Beta Tester
I have so many favorite features, too... but the Widgets come to mind first - I use them all the time when I'm reading and want clarification on something - particularly the commentary widgets. I love being able to hover over a favorite commentary widget when I need a broader understanding of something and having the commentary info pop up.

Brandon has put a lot of effort into pulling all of SwordSearcher's features together so it's easy for us to use them. Thanks, Brandon! 🥰

Johnny NL

I just CAN'T imagine my Bible Study Life without my SwordSearcher 9.
. . . did I hear "new update" coming up? lollll
I love my SS9 so much, almost 13 years so far..... phew 😆 ...

S. Carpenter

Wow. Let's see if I can think through everything I regularly rely on that I get in Sword Searcher:
1. Ability to make my own "commentary" (notes, which when I learn better, I just add the date and put it underneath the place I was confused!)
2. Ability to make my own "book" where I can collect transcripts of sermons or my sermon notes and can so easily look at the scriptures cited by a simple hover!
3. Bookmarks: To save things I refer to over and over and over.
4. Treasury of Scripture Knowledge: my default for every chapter.
5. Thompson Chain Reference (wow!!!!!)
6. Alexander Scourby audio reading.
7. STRONG'S LINKS ! That is vital. Oh, and so are the Dictionaries. Using Websters 1828 the most. And.. oy.

Let me just put it this way. When my old computer died, and my gracious son replaced it, the FIRST thing I had to know would run on it was Sword Searcher. Once I had Sword Searcher going, I relaxed. That's how vital it is to my reading and understanding of God's Word.
Since I am housebound, I spent the first 6 years of my Christian Life with very little fellowship. The Bible was pretty much all I had. But that was sufficient. Now, being part of a local church, and being able to have fellowship with a few that visit regularly, the Bible is STILL number one.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FEATURE IN SWORD SEARCHER?
My answer: SWORD SEARCHER!!!

djmarko53

I have found that when using SwordSearcher it will allow me to copy .PNG (Graphics) Files
and pastle into a new module. Then SS will automatically create the "Assets" subdirectory,
save the file I have just pasted into the Assets subdirectory. How cool is that. Makes it very
easy to save graphics, Maps etc.. However, I have only tried it by copy a PNG file. When I
paste it into SS from the Clipboard I discovered that this ability existed into SwordSearcher.
This really is one of my favorite things about SS in addition to it's "Blazingly Fast" Search
Engine......

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

wsbones

Beta Tester
That's a nice one! I guess I haven't pasted a graphic into a NEW module before. The asset directory already existed already. Thanks.

djmarko53

Sorry for the typos in my recent post.

I need to clarify something about copying and pasting ".PNG"
Graphic Files. What I wrote I discovered quite by accident. I
pasted a few graphics (.PNG format only) into a module in
SwordSearcher (one at a time) from the Clipboard into SS.
I had to leave my PC for a bit and closed out my SwordSearcher
When I came back and started up SwordSearcher that's when
I realized the Graphics were still there.
I knew that I had not
created the proper "Assets" subdirectory, so going into the
Windows subdirectory, I took a look at my SwordSearcher
Users subdirectory. Low and behold, there was the "MyModule-Assets"
subdirectory. I hadn't created it, so that's when I realized that
SwordSearcher had done for me automatically.

Now, I have only done this with a ".PNG" graphics file in the Clipboard.
I don't know if this will work with ".JPG" files or not. What I do know is
that I have hundreds of Maps and related graphics in a couple other
programs. The ones that are ".PNG" files seem to have no problem.
Copy from one of the other programs and paste it into SwordSearcher
from the Windows Clipboard and SwordSearcher creates the "Assets"
subdirectory for me.
Like I said, have only tried this with ".PNG" files. Am hoping it will
work when I try it with ".JPG" files as well. I did realize that by not
creating the proper "Assets" subdirectory that SwordSearcher (or,
Windows, not sure which....) will create a filename for each of these
".PNG" files, create the Assets Subdirectory and place the graphics
into the newly created subdirectory without having to lift a finger.
This is why I asked earlier, "HOW COOL IS THAT?"

Certainly, it is worth upgrading to SwordSearcher to have this
ability to paste graphics from the Clipboard and let SwordSearcher
do it own thing. NOW, the KJV may be a "Blessing from God" But....
SO IS SWORDSEARCHER!!!

Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition!!!.........

Mark

Last edited:

djmarko53

As proof to back up what I am talking about concerning SwordSearcher
creating that "MyModule-Assets" subdirectory automatically, here is a
Screenshot below of the "DiagramNT-Assets" subdirectory which SwordSearcher
created for me. You will notice that all the filenames indicated that they were
copied and/or pasted from the clipboard.

MyModule-Assets.png

Please Note that SwordSearcher assigned each and every one of these filenames.
If it had been me, I would not have used such filenames, but because I was in a bit
of a hurry to complete this module, I just let SwordSearcher do it's thing. I do know
that every time I saved the module, it seems that is when the file names were created
and saved in the "SwordSearcher" generated "MyModule-Assets" subdirectory. Because
this particular module has a TAB in SS named "DiagramNT" SwordSearcher, when it
created the subdirectory naturally named it "DiagramNT-Assets" without me having to do
this. WAY TO GO BRANDON. THIS IS A REALLY NEAT TRICK. LUV IT--LUV IT---LUV IT!!!

Mark

Last edited:

terrpn

Too many to list, however I am fond of all the numerous shortcuts. Most user-friendly Bible Software available hands down.
Thanks Brandon:>)

Eric

Beta Tester
I like and use the "search for (Strong's number) in KJVSL." in the Strong's Greek Dictionary window. It lets me see how a Greek word is used in the English. It replaces The Englishman's Greek Concordance of the New Testament.
I think the "English-Strongs Indexer" (Ctrl-F2) is perhaps even easier.

dale

Beta Tester
I've had other Bible programs. Some to search a word or verse was terrible.
But SS is easy to use.
I do like modules couldn't get the last one to work but it was my fault.
Ease of use

My most favorite is all the dictionary's at hand. From Strongs to Websters to all the others. I believe that the scattering of the languages' in Gen.9 is still happening to this day. Even to the point that symbols are being used instead of words near everywhere. The Bible seems to be a dictionary too. Like Gen. 31:52 seems to indicate that pillars can be a synonym for witness. Then perhaps in Gal.2:9 Paul is calling James, John and Cephas witnesses to what he is talking about. And 1Tim.3:15 may be saying the church is a witness and foundation of the truth. I've found lots of these with SwordSearcher.