What the Bible Teaches

Great

Thanks Bill. You have been busy!!

God bless
Bro. Mike

Thank you, Bones! You are a mighty asset to our user mods! :D

Marty found some errors in the "What the Bible Teaches" module. I discovered that BibleTag had some problems with references like I CORINTHIANS where roman numerals were used with a space between them and the book name. I also discovered that book 3 on the Holy Spirit had duplicate content.

I fixed these problems and reposted the module. If you find more errors let me know and I will fix them and repost.

Sorry :(

Marty found some errors in the "What the Bible Teaches" module. I discovered that BibleTag had some problems with references like I CORINTHIANS where roman numerals were used with a space between them and the book name. I also discovered that book 3 on the Holy Spirit had duplicate content.

I fixed these problems and reposted the module. If you find more errors let me know and I will fix them and repost.

Appreciate your hard work.

I created a SSbook called What the Bible Teaches by R.A Torrey. It was mentioned in the preface of Great Doctrines of the Bible by William Evans.

Both are available at http://wsbones.googlepages.com/home

Bill, I'm reading What the Bible Teaches and have a question about a reference under 0003 Book III About Holy Spirit, at the conclusion of the 1st proposition and just before "2. The Deity of the Holy Spirit" the reference reads:
"Do we know "the communion or fellowship" of the Holy Ghost (Corinthians Joh 13:14)?" Is there a refined reference other than just "Corinthians"?

Muchas gracias.

Actually, I'm reworking the module while I read it as some things are out of order and difficult to follow. I had to re-read some of it several times to make sense of what it says so I thought I might as well clean it up for next time. I do enjoy the process. :)

Mine reads like this. I may have corrected it. I'll post my last copy of the editable module under modules.

Theoretically we may believe this. Do we in our real thought of Him, or in our practical attitude toward Him, treat Him as a person? Do we regard Him as indeed as real a person as Jesus Christ — as loving, wise and strong, as worthy of our confidence and love and surrender, as He? He came to be to the disciples, and to us, what Christ had been to them during the days of His personal companionship with them ( Joh 14:16-17). Do we know "the communion or fellowship" of the Holy Ghost (2Co 13:14)
2. THE DEITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Mine reads like this. I may have corrected it. Do you want a copy of the Forge export file?

Theoretically we may believe this. Do we in our real thought of Him, or in our practical attitude toward Him, treat Him as a person? Do we regard Him as indeed as real a person as Jesus Christ — as loving, wise and strong, as worthy of our confidence and love and surrender, as He? He came to be to the disciples, and to us, what Christ had been to them during the days of His personal companionship with them ( Joh 14:16-17). Do we know "the communion or fellowship" of the Holy Ghost (2Co 13:14)
2. THE DEITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Mine says (Corinthians Joh 13:14) - I'll fix that! Thanks! The Forge export file would be great - can you email it to me or do you want to post it here? I looked in the modules here but didn't see What the Bible Teaches - Did I just miss it?

I'll post the editable module under modules. I was just in the process of doing that and closed my browser by mistake.

I'll post the editable module under modules. I was just in the process of doing that and closed my browser by mistake.
That sounds like something I would do! o_O

It has been really rewarding going through "What the Bible Teaches" and reading the scriptures that relate to each subject by themselves (i.e., God, Jesus, Holy Spirit). It's a whole new perspective and I've seen things that I never noticed before, just because of the layout of the book. Thank you, Bill, for making this available - and editable! The process of digitizing original material messes up a lot, especially if it's old print, but I'm enjoying untangling it. :)

You're certainly welcome. I hope you will post the improved version when you're done.

You're certainly welcome. I hope you will post the improved version when you're done.
me, too. this is something I'd like to add to my studies, too, but I don't have any detangling time left! thanks, Marty and thanks, Bill

I'll post the module when I'm done - it will take me a while because I've moved the propositions from below the supporting scripture to above the supporting scripture in most instances, and I'll put them back where they were before I share it (and after I save it my way for myself first).

I modified it because I was reading the scripture and then after reading the proposition, having to go back and read the scripture again to get the point. That wouldn't hurt me except that he uses the same scripture many times to support different (and sometimes really closely worded) propositions and it could get confusing. It flows a lot better with the props moved, but I don't feel comfortable changing and then sharing it, so I'll post it with just the corrections, not the modifications.

Back