Where is my module entry?

GeorgeCurtis

I created a new entry in my user module and spent several hours studying and adding to the new entry. I saved it several times as I went along and looked at the results. I saved it again before I closed SwordSearcher. The next day the new entry with all the information I had entered was nowhere to be found. I did a search for the new module entry in SwordSearcher in case I mistakenly put the entry in a different module with negative results. I did a search for the updated module and backup in Windows Explorer including my external hard drive. I found the module okay but with an older date. Any ideas where it might be or what I did wrong?

Are you able to see other, previous edits in your module?

If you go to your Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder, is the date of the module file there older than the missing edits?

Thanks for your quick response. I am able to see a previous edit made on 4/17/14. The one I can't find was made 0n 5/4/14. So, yes, the date of the module file in the SwordSearcher User Modules folder is older than the missing edits.

Thanks for your quick response. I am able to see a previous edit made on 4/17/14. The one I can't find was made 0n 5/4/14. So, yes, the date of the module file in the SwordSearcher User Modules folder is older than the missing edits.

I would make a backup of that module file immediately, and then test to see if you can make changes to it now. Open SwordSearcher, add/edit an entry, and close SwordSearcher and see if the file stays up-to-date.

I know this isn't helpful, but, I would have to guess that something external to SwordSearcher reverted the file contents to an older copy.

Do you run an always-on backup system? This shouldn't happen, but, it is possible that it replaced the file with an older copy (I wouldn't know why, but that would at least explain how this happened).

I added a new entry and closed SwordSearcher - the file reflected the current date. I do run a continuous backup. The backup system I use "continuously scans the backup source device for new or revised files, and immediately makes a backup copy when it detects one." Whatever happened is a mystery. Thanks for your efforts. SwordSearcher support is tops.

Back