"You are using an out of date browser…”

TerriP

I am getting this notice in the Forums main page and in several of the posts:

08-01-21 browser error notice in SS.JPG

I use Norton Safe Search, not Google or Chrome or any other, just Norton - does that have anything to do with this notice?
'
Plus, when I copied the above link I pasted it to Word so that I could have it "text only," so that you could see the https"" etc., the address detail, not a shortcut. Not a fan of shortcuts. But when I click on "save" to save this post it automatically enters the shortcut, even if I add a " ' " at the beginning of the link. And the shortcut is displayed "Norton Safe Search, Norton Safe Search" twice, why is that?

I dunno, maybe the out of date browser is me, oh dear.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Terri P.

Last edited:
I never had that code before . . . . have you tried another browser ?
Try to "update" your NORTON.
I also use NORTON, and never got that code....
I use EDGE and/or Google, with NORTON.

I didn't even know the forum did that, but it makes sense, since old browsers have unpatched security holes that could allow your system to become compromised and compromise your forum account as well. Or it could just be an issue of feature support.

Any browser has the problem, if it is not regularly updated. What browser and browser version are you using? You can find out here:

I looked it up, the "alternative browser" link was just a direct link to Chrome (no short URL, maybe your Norton was redirecting it?). I removed that suggestion from the warning, but you should make sure that whatever browser you are using is kept up to date automatically, if it isn't already.

Last edited:
Thanks a LOT for the support... I clicked on the link provided by Brandon and this is what I got:

08-02-21Whats My Browser.JPG

Does this help?

Thanks again, Johnny and Brandon.

Thanks a LOT for the support... I clicked on the link provided by Brandon and this is what I got:

View attachment 1723

Does this help?

Thanks again, Johnny and Brandon.

I'd recommend switching to Edge, which is what Microsoft is supporting now. Internet Explorer is going away as a web browser and hasn't been keeping up with modern web standards. Microsoft is still supporting IE 11 with security updates, so I wouldn't consider it unsafe, but the lack of modern web standards support is probably the reason the warning is being shown by the forum.

Back