Adding Section Headings to Bible Module

RicheB

Is this possible?

example:

The Creation
Ge 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Ge 1:2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The Flood
..... etc

No, sorry -- Bible modules only contain verses. You could build a commentary module with that information.

You can link your own personal notes in your own commentaries, then if you want so see linked scripture to say "Creation" just do a 'Quick Search in Active Commentary' choosing your own commentary as the active one to search. But that's like re inventing the Easton's wheel. :)

Brandon, Love your program.
I am new to SwordSearcher and I am working on some modules.
I was hoping to add Headings in the Bible Modules as stated below by RicheB.
I was just wondering why Bible modules only contain verses (is it programing?) and if it could become possible.

The Creation
Ge 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In Christ
Keith

You could do this in a Forge input by putting the section heading into the verse like this:

$$ Ge 1:1
<b>The Creation</b><br>In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
$$ Ge 1:2 ...

This produces the following:
Ge 1:1 ? The Creation
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The problem is that the <br> and <b> tags will be indexed like regular Bible words. This has a benefit and a drawback. If you want to search for all your section marks, you can search for the string "br". The drawback is that these are not really Bible words. Forge is not meant to have html in the input file (but it works.)

Thanks Bill,
Your suggestion is what I had tried. As you have stated Forge is not meant to have html in the input file (but it works.)

Keith

It's a design decision -- Bible verses are Bible verses, and editorial content is relegated to Books and Commentaries (with the exception of footnotes). You can hack around the limitation as Bill said, but SwordSearcher is designed to hold only Bible verses in Bible modules.

I apologize, no intent to hack around your design decisions even thought it might appear that way. Just trying to see the possibilities and capabilities of adding in additional modules for my personal use and or public use. I am new to Swordsearcher but really am pleased with its ability and content. So much that I have already purchased several copies for myself, my wife, sister-in-law and even my Mother-in-law.

In Christ,
Keith

I apologize, no intent to hack around your design decisions even thought it might appear that way.

I think you misunderstood me -- "hack around" is not a negative thing. There's nothing wrong with it. In programmer world, we call this sort of think "hacking" and it's a positive thing.

I was just addressing your question directly about headings in the Bible modules. By all means, hack away! :D

Back