Bible reading plan

kjvbible1611

Can anyone help me design a Bible reading plan using Excel or what ever program.
This would be for a jail ministry that we have.
I would like to be designed as a checklist without any starting dates so that the individual could start at any time.
Thank You,
Gary

Not sure if this is helpful for your needs, but with SwordSearcher, you can export a reading plan as a plain-text template. After you've designed a plan you want, you can go to Devotional, Manage Reading Schedule and Plans, select the plan, and then click the "plan options" button and use Save as Template to File. Change the file type to plain text.

This writes all of your plan days to a plain text file with no dates.

I don't know much about Excel, but maybe there is a way to load that list and add check marks.

Hi Gary,
Inside of SS7
1. Click on the "Devotional" tab at the top of the screen, this is (one place) where the Bible Reading Plans are.
You will see the options there so, select "Manage Reading Schedule and Plans..."
[Video... :D http://www.swordsearcher.com/video/reading-schedules.html]
Click on New Plan at the bottom and make your plan ... lots of options. ... then save that plan and close the Schedule Manager if you want.

Now when you go back to
"Devotional" tab and select "Manage Reading Schedule and Plans..."
Click on the plan you just made in the previous step to select it,
Then you click on the
"Plan Options" button and from the pop up select;
"Save as a Template to File..."

Here is the only place it's a little tricky
Make a name in the "File name" box (or use the default) AND be sure to put a .txt at the end of the name. Example: Bible in a Year.txt
AND in the "Save as type" box you click the blue arrow and choose "Daily Reading Per Line Text Files (*.txt)"
Then "Save"
Of course you want to save it where you can find it :)

When I did this just now with a basic yearly reading plan, it didn't have a check box or anything included in the resulting file, but the user could simply put his/her own check mark next to it.

This is a simple plain text file than can be printed easily.

Gary,
Is the date you get, printed on the top and or bottom of each sheet of paper printed and is today’s date?
If so, this is probably your printer software printing the date. You can turn that off in the printer preferences before you print next time.
Once you select the file to print, (each program/(print driver) is a little different so you might have to hunt around a little...) in the print dialogue box look for a button that says something like "Page Setup" or "Text Editor" or "Advanced" or something like that...

What you want to find is a section for "Page Headers" and or "Page Footers"
Adjust those or turn them off, and you won't have to print the date or other information like that.

Did you mean you get dates for each reading?
Please make sure to "Save as a Template to File..." and then save that as a .txt file and print it from Word or Word Pad or Note Pad or something like that, because that file won't have any dates at all in the plan files.

The thing that might be catching you is the "Print Plan" feature available on the same menu (under Plan Options on the Schedule Manager page inside SS7) as the "Save as a Template to File..." which is a different thing than what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to save it as a template -- a template has no dates.

2015-10-09_8-30-50.png

And be sure to select the text file option so you can load it outside of SwordSearcher:

2015-10-09_8-31-38.png

I've got a Bible in a Year plan in Excel but I can't seem to upload it - looks like you can upload only certain files like Jpeg, etc...?

It's neat and has the day 1, day 2, etc. listed, with a column for a checkmark.

Oh, and you can start any date you want because after you enter first day, then all the following will be that day plus 1, formula for example +B4+1.

I could email if you want, let me know.

Last edited:
sorry not sure if this went thur
Hi Terri;
Would you be so kind as to sen both again?
I can only seem to find Psalms to Rev.
Thank You,
Gary

Back