Book Problym

James Taylor

When I Load Up A Book (pink) For Studing And Then Try To Remove It When Im Through, It Removes Correctly But When I Re-start My Computer It Always Come Back. Now I Have A Whole Libeary Of Book Listed That I Cant Get Rid Of. They Keep Coming Back At Start Up. I Uncheck Them, Then Click Apply And They Dissapear But Keep Coming Back At Start Up. Any One Having This Problym. I Am Runing Windows Me. Maybe It The Windows Me Problym.-thanks.

Go into Preferences and look at the third tab down: Visible Library Tabs. At the bottom of the box you are given two options. Make sure you have this one checked: When SwordSearcher starts, show only my selected Library tabs. It looks like you might have the other one selected.

jerrybouey's post describes the proper solution to the problem -- please let me know if that doesn't solve it for you.

Jerry And Brandon--thanks For The Reply But That Dos Not Seem To Be The Solution. I Have My Prefrence Set To "show Only Book Selected" The Book Continue To Re-appear Every Time I Exit And Re-enter Ss, Even Tho I Have Them Un-checked.--thanks.

Jerry And Brandon--thanks For The Reply But That Dos Not Seem To Be The Solution. I Have My Prefrence Set To "show Only Book Selected" The Book Continue To Re-appear Every Time I Exit And Re-enter Ss, Even Tho I Have Them Un-checked.--thanks.

Very odd.

What happens if you select Show Only Selected Tabs on the Tabs menu? Does it restore your selections properly?

Brandon--the Show Only Selected Tabs Does Not Fix The Problym.
I Will Discrib The Problym Again. Every Thing Works Well Until I Exit Ss And Return Back To Ss Then There Are About Six Tabs That I Have Un-checked That Keeps Re-apearing. I Just Cant Seem To Get Rid Of These Tabs. I Have Only Noticed This Problym For About A Month. I Only Use A Few Tabs Until I Need Another To Work With, Then I Call It Up But Cant Get Rid Of It When Im Through With It. Thanks.

James,

Please forgive me if I am repeating things; I just need to make sure we're on the same page here.

When you go to File > Preferences > Visible Library Tabs, is this where you are selecting which ones you want displayed? And you have Show only my selected library tabs selected, correct?

When you say that they keep re-appearing on re-start, you are referring to the tabs in the Book and Commentary panels, correct? You don't mean something else, do you?

And finally, when you start SwordSearcher and the library tabs you want hidden are shown anyway, selecting Tabs > Show Only Selected Tabs has no effect?

Do I understand all of this correctly?

Thanks for your patience.

When you say that they keep re-appearing on re-start, you are referring to the tabs in the Book and Commentary panels, correct? You don't mean something else, do you?

BRANDON--YOU HAVE IT ALL CORRECT. TO ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION. THE ONLY THINGS THAT KEEP RE-APEARING IN BOOKS THAT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED AND HAVE UN-CHECKED THEN FOR NO FURTHER USE. THATS WHAT KEEPS SELF RELOADING. THANKS

Flash
I Seem To Have Found A Solution To This Problym. I Went To Tab Setup And Unclicked "show Only Selected Tabs" And Clicked "show All Tabs". Then I Unclicked Unwanted Tabs, Then I Clicked Back On To "show Only Selected Tabs" Then I Clicked Apply And Every Thing Works Correct. I Dont Have The Least Clue As To Why This Worked, I Just Thought I Would Try It And Bingo. Thanks For Your Time.

Flash
I Seem To Have Found A Solution To This Problym. I Went To Tab Setup And Unclicked "show Only Selected Tabs" And Clicked "show All Tabs". Then I Unclicked Unwanted Tabs, Then I Clicked Back On To "show Only Selected Tabs" Then I Clicked Apply And Every Thing Works Correct. I Dont Have The Least Clue As To Why This Worked, I Just Thought I Would Try It And Bingo. Thanks For Your Time.

Actually, that is extremely helpful, James. This tells me exactly where to look for the problem you experienced. Thanks for your patience!

Flash

I still appreciate Brandon responding to user's requests and made the alt-f11/12 buttons to toggle between showing only the tabs you've selected and all the tabs available in any of the panes.

Back