Copy and Paste into Thread

TerriP

How can I copy a Bible study I have in Word and paste it here in a new thread, without having to do a "preview post" and then highlight and cut added text, like [font][san serif][font][font] etc....

Or am I the only one this happens to?!! I'm thinking there's something maybe I need to turn on or off in my preferences...?

Thanks for any help.

Terri P.

How can I copy a Bible study I have in Word and paste it here in a new thread, without having to do a "preview post" and then highlight and cut added text, like [font][san serif][font][font] etc....

Or am I the only one this happens to?!! I'm thinking there's something maybe I need to turn on or off in my preferences...?

You should be able to just paste it in and post it without problems. Are you using IE or Firefox? It might work better if you try the other one...

Hi, Brandon, thanks for the reply.

Well, I am using IE - that is, to get to the forums, from SwordSearcher I click on Help/Go to the SwordSearcher User Forum, and that opens up the forums page from IE.

Also, I closed IE and went to my AOL account, to try to sign in from there, to see if that would work, but I can?t sign in from AOL??

I don't know what Firefox is but if it will work, I'll get it. (I looked in ?All Programs? and also in the Control Panel/Add-remove programs, to see if I have it. Don?t see it.)

See, here is a sample of what it looks like when I copy and paste from Word:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Proverbs 3:23[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Charles Spurgeon: [/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That is to say, if we follow the ways of wisdom and holiness we shall be preserved in them. He who travels by daylight along the highway is under some protection. There is a way for every man, namely, his own proper calling in life, and if we devoutly walk therein in the fear of God He will preserve us from evil. We may not travel luxuriously, but we shall walk safely. We may not be able to run like young men, but we shall be able to walk like good men. [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Our greatest danger lies in ourselves: our feeble foot is so sadly apt to stumble. Let us ask for more moral strength that our tendency to slip may be overcome. Some stumble because they do not see the stone in the way: divine grace enables us to perceive sin and so to avoid it. Let us plead this promise and trust in Him who upholds His chosen. [/font]

So is it just me?!

Thank you for your help on this. I?ve got some real nice Bible studies I?ve done and would really like to share.

Oh, another question. What do I do if they?re a wee bit more than 20,000 words? Can I split into two threads?

Terri P.

So is it just me?!

Sorry, I don't know what would be causing it on the forum.

Oh, another question. What do I do if they?re a wee bit more than 20,000 words? Can I split into two threads?

You will need to make more that one post, but if they are on the same topic, just make one after the other in the same thread.

I see... okay, thanks, Brandon. I'll just manually correct, then; no biggie.

TerriP, could you just post the Word document and have interested people download it to read it? Or better yet, how about making it a SwordSearcher module and letting us download that and then we could read it in SS and discuss it here on the forum?

Also, TerriP, have you tried changing the editor mode here to Code Mode, using the box with A/A above the Smilies? When you change modes, the text looks just like what you posted below... :)

Marty, thank you to you, too, for the suggestions. Didn't work; still got the same thing in "preview post", e.g.:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Exodus 32:33[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.[/font]

So what I did do, though, was go into Quick Links/Edit Options/Message Editor Interface (at the bottom of the page), and change from "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" to "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls." That works just fine with copy and paste - I just can't get different formatting to transfer with the paste, like bold, italics, underline, etc. But I have something up my sleeve about that. I'll work on that in a couple of days and let you all know.

As far as attaching, it says in a little box below titled "Posting Rules" that I...

"You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments <---
You may edit your posts"

...so dat's out ;)

And as far as making an SS module out of it... Oh, boy. Not ready to tackle that yet. I dunno... I may go ahead and download Forge and see what it's all about. Says you should have some HTML experience, which I do not, but... we'll see.

Thanks again for all your help, you guys. Bless your hearts. I just want to share with you all some neat stuff I've been learning over the last few years. I see some of yours and it's a real blessing, this whole forum is a blessing...!

So I'll keep you posted. And p.s. you all can just call me Terri if you want:)

Terri P.

So here's what I did. I copied and pasted my original text, formatting and all, into here. And because I am using the "Standard Editor" and not that WYSIWYG thingie, it pasted it automatically without all the bolds, italics, underlines, etc., of my original text. So then I selected all of the plain text in here and copied it back into Word, into a new document. In Word I did all the editing, typing in manually the (B) and (/B) before and after text I wanted bold; the (I) and (/I) where I wanted italics; (INDENT) and (/INDENT) etc. (only of course I used brackets instead of the parens, but I have to use parens here because brackets work)... I just did it manually in Word, because it was easier to do it there than in here. Then I copied it from Word, pasted it back in here, et voila! It worketh!

All things are possible! So if you want to check out the first Bible study I posted this way in a thread, look in Forums/Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics for "Scripture About Don't Blame God."

?The obedient, as they come before God, say to Him, ?Thy will be done.? To the rebellious, God says, as they turn away from Him, ?Thy will be done.?? ? C. S. Lewis

Enjoy your blessings today!
Terri P.

Back