Cross-referencing and copying verses

dcausby

Any way of adding our own cross-references to a highlighted or underlined phrase that will pop-up on hover?
Also, when selecting which verses to copy, in the bible view there is the option to "copy from [ref] through verse..." - this would be a useful feature in the verse list view. It could be modified further, especially for the verse list view, by having the option to "copy from verse ... to verse ..." so that the context can be copied without having to move away from the main text in the Bible view. (Apologies for repeating this from my previous thread - should have had it under a new thread to begin with.)

Right now, if you want to create your own cross-references, you need to use a user commentary or book to do that. There isn't a way to attach it to a highlighted phrase, though you could easily copy the phrase into a user commentary and list cross-references with it, much like the TSK does and many of the commentaries do.

As for the "copy ref through ref" in the verse list, how would you want that to work? Do you want to be able to copy from one verse match in the list through to the next in the list, including all the verses in between, or just some way to copy around the context without viewing the context? If you want to be able to copy context without changing the verse in the Bible panel, you could instead open a clone Bible panel at the verse by holding down CTRL as you click on the verse link in the verse list, then use the pop-up menu there and close the cloned Bible panel when you're done with your copy.

Thanks - I'll give all that a try. I was looking for a quicker way to copy the context without viewing it. The CTRL click clone option should do the job, although, since the immediate context pops-up anyway, perhaps a "copy context" in the right-click menu would be a quicker option for most situations. :?:

Back