ctrl + f10/11/12

RevTim

Beta Tester
For my money this is perhaps one of the best features / innovations in the program.

I'm pleased you like it.

For non-keyboard-mavens, this is referring to the Select Library Module tool that was introduced in version 5.4. The Ctrl+F10, Ctrl+F11, Ctrl+F12 are keyboard shortcuts for the top items on the Bible, Book, and Commentary menus.

Sweet! I am a keyboard shortcut buff, love it.

Ruthlyn

I like alt-fs to get the whole library. That way I don't have to decide whether I am looking for a Bible, commentary, or book. I have some books and commentaries by the same author so I can see all their works by typing a couple letters. Also, you can do it with one hand by first doing alt-f and then hit the s key.aut

I generally don't use ctrl + f10 since I usually only have need for the King James.

I may have simply forgotten that shortcut Bill. I'll have to give it a try.

I like alt-fs to get the whole library. That way I don't have to decide whether I am looking for a Bible, commentary, or book. I have some books and commentaries by the same author so I can see all their works by typing a couple letters. Also, you can do it with one hand by first doing alt-f and then hit the s key.aut

Ah... I see what you mean now.

But when I have desired to do that, I simply use alt+L.

Ah... I see what you mean now.

But when I have desired to do that, I simply use alt+L.

You are doing what I did when I first read what Bill said, about pressing alt-fs: you are pressing alt + fs, pressing the f and s at the same time. That will do the same as alt-L = "Full Library Search."

What Bill means, I think, is pressing and holding alt then press f, then press s. That brings up "Select Library Module." Least, I think that's what he's talking about... Bill?

You can hit alt-l with thumb and index finger of the left hand and then let go and hit the s key with the index finger, or you can keep holding the alt key down, either way. Alt f is the keyboard way of selecting the file menu and s is the "select library module" menu item.

When you look at the menu, the keyboard key is underlined, or if it is the first item, you can select it with the enter key.

Here's another example. If you want to select a book module, instead of doing ctrl F11, you can do alt-k and then hit enter since it's the first item on the menu. The k is the last letter of booK.

Sorry I didn't make it clearer the first time. Have a blessed Sunday.

No biggie. I'm just used to doing keyboard shortcuts the way I'm doing them now.

Though there are times when I do alt+(whatever) to scroll down different items.

Convenient for those of us mousy about the mouse. :D

Back