EMTV Version on SwordSearcher

monteu

Anybody have any information on the English Majority Text Version? I have heard some good reports on it and it is based on the Majority Text I believe. I guess there is no SS module for it?

No, not available.

I created a user module for EMTV from available XML format. I'll leave it to Brandon as to whether or not I can make this available on the forums. (Permission was granted by Paul Esposito to share with other swordsearcher users - but this is your call Brandon).

You're welcome to upload it; it could be useful in much the same way as the English Revised Version is available for comparative use. An English translation based on Robinson's "majority text" has questionable value in study and is open to perpetual revision (since it's based on what is currently considered the most common reading of extant manuscripts, rather than a providential work of textual preservation), but if someone wants to be able to check it out in SwordSearcher I see no problem with that, as long as the rights-holder has granted permission.

Thank you Brandon for allowing this, I really appreciate it. Thanks to you rjg for offering to submit it. Please let me know when it is available or contact me via PM.---MAU

Back