Footnotes

wsbones

Beta Tester
I am working on a project to create a footnote for each chapter of the Bible. It would go on the first verse of each chapter and give a SHORT 1 line summary of the chapter. It it turns out well, maybe Brandon would incorporate it into the official footnotes. I am finding this to be a good Bible review, and think it will be useful as a reading tool. Many paper Bibles have a phrase at the top of the page to summarize, but they are generally too generic to be useful. I have been looking at the highlighting in my Bible and making a one sentence chapter summary. Here is an example I did on Ps 102.1 "Lord, hear and answer speedily. The Lord will appear when Zion is rebuilt. Heavens are God's handiwork."

I found a web site where the owner had a good start on this and I am asking his permission to use what he has so far. See http://www.bradwarden.com/christian/biblechapter/index.php . In the meanwhile I have started with JOB and plan to finish the task through Revelation.

If anyone would like to help by taking one or more books of the Bible from Proverbs to Revelation, this could be a collaborative effort. I can coordinate the results and make a module.

Post what book you would like to do so we don't get duplication. Send me the results at wsbones@hotmail.com. I'd like to finish this in about 2 weeks.

I guess I already appreciate the outlines available to us, especially via TSK.

But I do wish you well on this project.

Cool, kind of like a Matthew Henry-type overview of the chapter?

Right except it would show up in the Bible margin instead of the commentary window. You could turn it on or off with the footnote toggle. It would a one line description of the chapter contents.

Back