Forge question

wsbones

Beta Tester
The input file has a word like this:
Un`der?stand

The compiled module shows the word like this:
Un`der·stand

Is there something I need to do to fix this or is it a bug?

The old version of Forge did the word correctly when I compiled the Webster's 1913 dictionary a while ago

The input file has a word like this:
Un`der?stand

The compiled module shows the word like this:
Un`der·stand

Is there something I need to do to fix this or is it a bug?

The old version of Forge did the word correctly when I compiled the Webster's 1913 dictionary a while ago

Actually it's more complicated. I just recompiled the Webster 1913 dictionary and the word displayed correctly.

The input file I am using for this module is a combination of Webster's 1913 dictionary for each word in the Bible plus the usage of the word in 3 word phrases from my BD3WP module. The two modules were put together using Python.

I'll send you the input file by email to see if you can figure out why it's inserting the funny characters. Something about encoding that I don't understand.

I think I figured this out. The dataset needed to be converted to Windows 1252 Western European before runnning Forge in order to display the characters correctly.

Sorry I hadn't had a chance to look into this -- but from your description it certainly sounds like an encoding issue. If the text has Unicode encoding it must have the appropriate BOM (byte order marker) at the beginning of the file, otherwise Forge assumes it is ANSI. Not all text editors properly output the BOM. Converting to ANSI before saving would do the trick, as long as all the characters can fit into the codepage.

Here's a portion of Forge output. It seems to be incorrectly interpreting the Roman numeral i. The first one below came out as Ge 1-50 in the module. This is odd because when I Forged the Webster's Dictionary, the reference came out correctly. In the merged module BD3WP, it has the same definition and text but the reference is the same but it comes out wrong. Other Roman numerals (other than i.) seemed to work correctly I think.

Processing verse references and indexing words...
appear: "Ge i. 9" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Ge i. 9" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
appeared: "Ge i. 9" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Ge i. 9" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
arise: "Ex i. 8" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Ex i. 8" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
away: "Isa i. 13" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Isa i. 13" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
call: "2Co i. 23" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "2Co i. 23" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
comfort: "2Co i. 4" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "2Co i. 4" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
comforted: "2Co i. 4" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "2Co i. 4" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
comforts: "2Co i. 4" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "2Co i. 4" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
deadly: "Ro i. 23" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Ro i. 23" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
fig: "Jer i. 39" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Jer i. 39" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
present: "Job i. 6" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Job i. 6" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
presented: "Job i. 6" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Job i. 6" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
prince: "Rev i. 5" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Rev i. 5" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.
princes: "Rev i. 5" may be ambiguous or contain invalid/spurious items. "Rev i. 5" contains a reference spanning over 75 verses.

Back