Forge Question

iowaross

Can I create a book that will allow the usage of #Ps 1| and $$ Ps 1 that will produce a link for Psalm 1 to play my Audio Treasure MP3 for that Book? I have created a book already called HisWisdom that has links for the daily reading of Psalms/Proverbs every month.

Day01 reading would be Ps 1, 31, 61, 91, 121 and Pr 1. As you might imagine, the book looks like when I select Day01 from my book:

with hyper-links - Ps 1:1-? Ps 31:1-?, etc

with hyper-links - Pr 1:1-?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to be able to select the appropriate hyper-link for the book, have it bring up the Bible Selection and then play the appropriate MP3 file from Audio Treasure.

with hyper-links - Pr 1:1-?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to be able to select the appropriate hyper-link for the book, have it bring up the Bible Selection and then play the appropriate MP3 file from Audio Treasure.

Hyperlinks always include the verses and there is no way to change that.

You can use a file:// anchor link in your HTML code to have windows open an MP3 file.

To play an audio file you have to put an html link in the book or commentary telling where the audio file is located. Here's an example.

<a href="file:///C:\Program%20Files\Bible\AUDIO\AV\Ps1.wav" > Play Ps1</a>

One last thing...I would create this using a text editor and then import it into SS5? If so, I will keep trying by setting up a test file until I can get it to work.

Thanks.

One last thing...I would create this using a text editor and then import it into SS5? If so, I will keep trying by setting up a test file until I can get it to work.

If you're using Forge, that's how you would do it. You can also do this in SwordSearcher itself, though you would need to set the editor to edit raw HTML. This is in File > Preferences > Misc. Options.

I use the Audio Treasure MP3 files and I have taken the module Bill spoke of and modified it for using these files. You can get the module at my home page, http://jesus-is-saviour.org and then follow the link to the modules page. The source is included so you can modify the location of your MP3 files to suit your needs.

Thank you gentlemen! I was able to make it work with all your help and suggestions. It works rather nicely when you do as Brandon said in setting the preference in the editor to raw HTML. I have the basic concept down, so now to tweak it a little. Thanks again.

P.S. I use SwordSearcher, e_Sword, Online Bible, and eBible Deluxe, but I prefer SwordSearcher the best.

Thanks for a great product.

Rick
Phil 1:6:razz:

THIS thread is one of the best reasons & examples of why the Forums exist, and the quality of its members!

Brother Mike :
Thank for your help,and hoping I can modify it myself to work for what I need. I sure will be a learning curve for me.

God Bless I can not thank you enough.

Gus

My honour, Gus.

If you have problems, there is a great resource of great people on the forums here.

Iowaross - I look forward to your SS5 module! I had been thinking of the same thing, but I've done absolutely zero module building and it hit the (very) back burner. Please keep us updated.

This thread mentions 2 different audio bible collections. I'm sure each has it's advantages and disadvantages...why do you all like the one you use? And where can these be obtained?

Thanks...

Ed

I use the Audio Treasure KJV collection. The main reasons:

1) MP3 Format (only 2 CDs)
2) Inexpensive
2) This collection I can give away for free

www.audiotreasure.com

Iowaross - why do you all like the one you use? And where can these be obtained?

Thanks...

Ed

I have 4 audio Bible sets:
1. Alexander Scourby
2. Audio from Firefighters.org spoken by Stephen Johnston
3. Audio Bible (not sure who is speaking)
4. James Earl Jones reads the New Testament.

Set 1 costs $29.95 plus 5.50 shipping. In my opinion this set has the best pronunciation and emphasis. I already own this one from having used Online Bible previously and having purchased the audio "add-in" ($49.95 but it syncronized with Online Bible on a verse basis - meaning you can listen to verse lists and search results as well as hear the Bible in order). If you want to hear Alexander Scourby speaking you can use this website: http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html . You need Real Player on your computer for this website to work (the free version of Real Player is best - get it here: http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=audiobible)

Set 2 is free. It has music playing in the background:(. I'd prefer not to have music, but the speaking is pretty good. His pronunciation is not as good as Scourby. He really clobbers some of the Hebrew names.

Set 3 has good speaking, but I find it way to slow for listening while I read the text. I used a program called Audacity(1.3 beta) to speed it up by 40% by taking out the dead time between words. This is very good for me and takes up much less space on my hard drive and ipod. This set is legally free from Brother Mike (Thank you:) )

Set 4 came from our local library. I don't care for it. Jones mumbles and doesn't seem too familiar with some of the text. Really surprising given the quality of his voice on CNN and in the movies.

Thanks, Bro. Mike, for the audio files! Now to make the file reference changes in SS! :)

Back