Greek and Hebrew Fonts

shan

I was wondering if it is possible when using Forge to carry over into SS, Hebrew and Greek fonts. It came up as question marks (?????????) where the original font was.

? marks usually mean the text is Unicode.

For Bible texts, please see the Forge documentation about UTF-8 limited support. For Book and Commentary texts, all you need to do is add the appropriate <head> tags to each entry that uses Unicode in UTF-8 encoding:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

I've set my text as UTF-8 and it shows up fine in the Bible panel.

1) I am now wondering how I can work it so that I can do some searching with the fonts other than the alphabet. It seems that the Bible text search only works with languages with western alphabet.

2)It also shows funny characters when I move my cursor to one of the references on the left bottom box. (e.g. when using TSK) Is there a way that I can see the verses in a different language?

UTF-8 support is very limited at this time - display only. I do have plans to make the entire interface Unicode compliant, but at the moment there is no way to do what you've asked.

Thank you, Brandon, for your prompt reply. I am looking forward to the new version. SS has been already a huge blessing to me. It would be so much more if I can adopt different language into it. God bless!

Back