H.A. Ironside Expository Notes Isaiah

Pastor Langley

As once long ago "I have found the book..." 2 Kings 22:8 King James Version (KJV)
It is a module in my user made in Sword Searcher.

Needing advice from my SS folks.
Does anyone have information about this book? My search did not find it on Sword Searcher forums.
Any comments would be welcome.

here what I have......
1692447333057.png

I have long since lost track of all the various user-made modules for SwordSearcher. And it can be hard to keep them straight since there is no enforced methodology for naming the modules.

All I can say is there is no official module for Ironside in SwordSearcher. Last time I looked at adding it I couldn't get clarity on the copyright issue.

From their website but not sure it is Copyright ready either. They state that it is fine to use... Hoping for an opinion.
CORRECTION not in an old SS module, I MEANT IT IS A User-made-by-me-module in the works.

Direct link to work, book. Direct Link below is Contents of first page:

EXPOSITORY NOTES ON

THE PROPHET ISAIAH

By

Harry A. Ironside, Litt.D.

Author of Notes on Jeremiah and Lamentations; Notes on Ezekiel the Prophet;

Lectures on Daniel the Prophet; Notes on the Minor Prophets, etc., etc.

Copyright @ 1952

LOIZEAUX BROTHERS Neptune, New Jersey

edited for 3BSB by Baptist Bible Believer in the spirit of the Colportage ministry of a century ago

http://www.baptistbiblebelivers.com/

~ out-of-print and in the public domain ~

No Evidence of a Current Copyright for the Printed Book Found

During online Internet searches of the Library of Congress database in Washington D.C.,

performed on 10-8-2005, no evidence of a current copyright was found for this publication.​

Please note: If you wish to read this book (which is absolutely free), simply click on the chapter title. You will have the option to either open it or to save it to your computer. To create a folder, right click and choose new - Folder, and name it the title of the book.

GOD bless you from the Baptist Bible Believers website!

Please tell everyone you know about this website, pray for this ministry - and that will be payment enough!

What type file do you use forge with, PDF, HTML, WORD DOC, TEXT, etc. I have read and read and tried and tried. I am getting what little done that I do by trial and error I fear. I use the built in editor, but it is impossible for me to locate a clean way of inserting hyperlinks unless go outside use word etc. come back in copy-paste. I would be willing to buy a meal and coffee for some tutoring. Most of the time i tried it it made a 1K file which was useless. I know that I am missing the real instructions of it.

Forge reads plain text. The contents of the plain text file is HTML code.

Create a simple module with a few topics. Add some text to each topic and insert a picture, or a link to a bible search. Then save it and export it using this menu item:
1692476939893.png

Remember where you saved it. Then open it with a text editor like Notepad or WordPad and look at it. That's what Forge wants to see.

Open Swordsearcher help and search for Forge. Click on the links.
1692477509121.png

Read the Forge website -> https://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/

Then you should investigate writing simple HTML code. Here's a good resource. https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_editors.asp OR get a library book perhaps.

No meal or coffee needed :)

Unzip the attachment. There will be a text file called "Ironside on Isaiah.txt". Run Forge and import the txt file as a book. Make it user editable.

Then start Swordsearcher. It will be a book with one topic. The tab abbreviation will be "Ir_on_Is" The topic will contain links to the website you mentioned at the top of this thread.

Look at the txt file using Notepad to see what the forge input should look like. You can also look at the topic using the SwordSearcher code editor.

Hope this help on your module journey.

Attachments

• Ironside on Isaiah.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 81
Forge reads plain text. The contents of the plain text file is HTML code.

Create a simple module with a few topics. Add some text to each topic and insert a picture, or a link to a bible search. Then save it and export it using this menu item:
View attachment 2044

Remember where you saved it. Then open it with a text editor like Notepad or WordPad and look at it. That's what Forge wants to see.

Open Swordsearcher help and search for Forge. Click on the links.
View attachment 2045

Read the Forge website -> https://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/

Then you should investigate writing simple HTML code. Here's a good resource. https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_editors.asp OR get a library book perhaps.

No meal or coffee needed :)
That was plain. Thank you. Will try again.

Wow this is more than I just saw thank you. Now if you could stop by my house next week and lets finish this up, Ha!!!

You can also look up simple html code for a single thing online, i.e., Google "html code for blockquote," and you might get what you need just by reading the search results. I taught myself html code and javascript a loooong time ago by looking at the source code of a website that had something I liked, then I'd copy the bit of code that dealt with what I liked. Then I'd create a text file with basic page code and the copied bit and make small changes to the copied bit. I'd save the file using .html instead of .txt, open it in my browser and take a look at what resulted. I would go back to the original code and change something else and see what happened. One change at a time so if it broke, I could tell what part I messed up. I kept a cheat-sheet with the codes that I used a lot. Coding has changed some since then, but it's still pretty easy to find what you need.

Yep sounds like I am going down that teach yourself trail, thanks for the direction!

Do you know any html at all?

Wow!!! Yep you need to stop by Oklahoma soon... Thank you so much. Now you have created a Gheek need. The fact that they are outside SwordSearcher is there a reason for this. Just di all you said do.

Yes II do understand the concepts yes, but from memory NO! I have a degree in Electronics I build repair PC's, Laptops, Electrician. But the actual coding like you said I have done what you did and figured it out. I am used to building in Word then saving as a Web or HTML file and get that result. Which years ago ok but for web today too many critiques for that wysiwyg simple stuff. Now for local builds using SS ( no offense Brandon) it is ok.

Bill is great with Forge - I'm glad he's helping you!

Hey I'm glad he is helping me too! Amen. He made it very plain. So he's doing something right. I am like him on the training part. I'm a self learner and copy & paste code to see what happens is fun so with assistance it might just get me going. It is a help so thanks to all for your tips advice and or criticism's. Just got home from church and back at it for a while.

Forge link copied for study, HTML link copied for study, Back in school for study;
Working on what you sent; making sense already.

Sharing modules on SS forums which would be best "user-editable or non-edit"?
Depending on the amount of data sources and work put into it?
Only module done was user editable so anyone could own it or improve.
It needs tons of formatting and work but was kind'a proud of my first one.

All of Christ's Words
User-submittedAll of Christ's Words AOCW 2.0
Jesus words in Bible Download

I was able to recreate what you did for me on another small book module. I used the links to the pdf files from the assets folder where my files are stored. Like when you save a web page you get the index page and a folder with the css, images, etc stuff so the index page links to that stuff. SwordSearcher is like that (editor, program, lots of stuff) with so much more built in!!!!!
Now somewhere I saw that you can have Sword Searcher open bible and display text.
It was like this [ swordsearcher://book+TidBBB/02%20Chapter%20II.%20The%20Names%20of%20God.] this is the copy of URL
the actual command is this [ swordsearcher://bible/Ge1:26-27 ]
The first actually resides inside the module and links to Sword Searcher to go to that verse.
Does the second link opens Sword Searcher program to go to verse?
Hope this old man is getting it. Thank you all for chiming in and helping!

When you link to the files in the assets folder your should use {moduleassets} instead of the full name your assets folder. Otherwise if you share the module, the links will not work for the other person. Here's how it should look. BTW: Look at your links to maps in the AOWC module.

Example:
href="file:///{ModuleAssets}/genesis.pdf"

instead of

href="file:///C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\TCENp-Assets\genesis.pdf"

Swordsearcher expands the variable, {moduleassets} for the user of the module.

Back