Help with preferences, individual panel color

terrpn

I noticed when trying to custom adjust my individual panel color versus selecting a predetermined color that it does not allow for such. Maybe its just me:?:

Wes

I just went in and adjusted mine and it worked, Wes. Exactly how are you doing it?

I noticed when trying to custom adjust my individual panel color versus selecting a predetermined color that it does not allow for such. Maybe its just me:?:

Wes

You should be able to. The procedure is:

File > Preferences > Fonts and Colors > Set Individual Panel Properties > and then UNCHECK "Use defaults" for the panel you want to adjust. Is that what you are referring to?

Also note that if you change your panel color for the book or commentary panel, your choice can be overridden by a user module if the module specifies its own background color. None of the "official" modules would do that, though.

File > Preferences > Fonts and Colors > Set Individual Panel Properties > and then UNCHECK "Use defaults" for the panel you want to adjust. Is that what you are referring to?

Also note that if you change your panel color for the book or commentary panel, your choice can be overridden by a user module if the module specifies its own background color. None of the "official" modules would do that, though.

First Marty.............you are correct. That is the way I have always done it.

Second.... Brandon your spot on. I uncheck the default for all the individual PANELS, then I normally just custom create a color for each individual panel. So there is a chance then if I do not want one of the already predetermined colors available that it will default to what is already provided. As an example I will choose a predetermined color, but upon going back and try to tweak it does not seem to recognize.

I remember in either 6.0 or 6.1 it would allow me to do it, but 6.2 does not?

Now this is funky.........I just went to my laptop with 6.2 on it as well and no problem? Whats up with that? One is running Win7, the other Vista.

Weird........... Will boot and see what's up

Wes

My bad.................actually going back to my laptop does the same thing- I thought it switched but it did not. So when going to BACKGROUND, MORE COLORS, it will not recognize where you move the slider or palette- only the pre-selected colors in the boxes. Not a big deal I guess, however it did work in the older versions.

Not trying to be a pain............ Don't see how it is possible on 2 separate computers to have the same issue? I guess I'm just spoiled from the other way.

Wes

I had the same problem with custom colors. I click add them to custom colors, then click them, then OK. It still shows the color from the color picker, not the custom color. I discovered that you have to click the color to the right of the word, custom color in the 40 color palette to select it.

I had the same problem with custom colors. I click add them to custom colors, then click them, then OK. It still shows the color from the color picker, not the custom color. I discovered that you have to click the color to the right of the word, custom color in the 40 color palette to select it.

Bill,

Exactly...............! Thank you sir- that is what I kept trying and could not find it:) I usually am always clicking everything in the updated versions looking to see what is new. Owe you a cup of dunkin donuts coffee bro.....................:cool:

This is a great forum and unbelievable software. Where else can you faithfully go and get the owner and others to respond as such.

Thanks guys,
Wes

Back