Here am I

Regie

Dear all,

I have begun work on a module which has:

?And Abraham stretched forth his hand and took the knife to slay his son,? (Ge 22:10). At that moment, Isaac was as good as dead. Abraham had gone far enough. And, then an angel speaks from heaven. ?And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven and said, Abraham, Abraham, and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou anything unto him, for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy Son, thine only son from me.?

How do you keep that "am I" from becoming a link to Amos 1?

Oh, BTW, since I had to get a new computer and got Vista Basic on it, I've been pleasantly surprised today to find out that I can edit things in modules now and the paragraphs will come back properly spaced between them. I could not do that with my Windows XP as I never did figure out how to do it.

Thanks much,
Regie

You could put a space before the period. I thought using the /am 1./ should prevent it but it doesn't seem to work.

When I reported this behavior before, Brandon said he would have user list of words that would not convert in an upcoming update.

Another example: He is 1 man. The is 1 converts to Isa 1.

"Is" and "am" should probably never be converted.

Here's a link to a thread where this was discussed a while ago- http://forums.swordsearcher.com/showthread.php?t=941&highlight=parse

Marty came up with a solution by putting <font>... </font> tags around the verse reference

Another example: He is 1 man. The is 1 converts to Isa 1.

"Is" and "am" should probably never be converted.

Here's a link to a thread where this was discussed a while ago- http://forums.swordsearcher.com/showthread.php?t=941&highlight=parse

Marty came up with a solution by putting <font>... </font> tags around the verse reference

Thanks much friend. I appreciate it. That <font></font> worked. Thanks to Marty too.

If Vista keeps working well for me I may have to get to where I like it merely for the sake of doing better work in SwordSearcher.

Thanks much,
Regie

Back