i have many topical verse ref

Discussion in 'General' started by danw700, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

INDeeeeeeD verse-widgets.!!! I do love and appreciate verse-widgets, ... I would love to be able to use more than 3 though.
    Would it be possible to get more than 3 on your next version??
    Thanks Sir.

2. danw700

danw700 Member

thanks - I am constantly adding to my topical BOOK all the time - it would be nice if I could quick access it from verse widget or the right hand side or the ribbon without needing another open pane - I need large fonts :) - a lot of the time there will be no active link till I add one - I’m mre into output these days :) - I’m not worried really as I’m into searching text and settings of King James Version text with complex searches more than anything else - cheers Dan

3. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

What would the link open, if there is no reference to the verse? I am only asking in case there is another way to do what you want. The margin links open content that references the verse on which they appear. If a book does not reference the verse, there is no link to show, and nothing to open if there was a link.

If you are just looking for a shortcut to your personal book so that you can open it without having to find it (if it's under something else, etc) you can assign a module shortcut to the book.

https://www.swordsearcher.com/blog/quick-tip-assign-a-keyboard-shortcut-to-your-favorite-module/212/

4. Brandon Staggs

I will add your request to the list. Probably not something that can be worked into the next update, but I will give it consideration.

Johnny NL likes this.
  5. danw700

danw700 Member

I have worked a keyboard shortcut to open my topic book - thanks.

well I would come across a verse in my study and think add that to an existing topic or start a new topic - I’m not studying for input so much as output - I have been looking, reading & studying for 50+ years these days my output is constant

I would like to see a macro for word that would pick a highlit verse reference and past in the text - like e-sword of oo verse search. I work in ms word outline - export to PPT & then make videos. I also preach 3 times a week in a face to face church plus other places. I'm a preacher :) I use short heading outline style with full verse + verse reference these days - I just need notes to jog my memory and keep on track - I’m getting a bit old :) I want to thank you for you have the only electronic copy of PCT c1900 that I can find - it would be nice to see some modules re the history of the refining of the text since the printing mess-ups of the KJV 1611 - the 2 unis are bent of losing the text purity going forward with no side notes even changing the settings as well as the words - there needs to be a record plus copies of the real thing. thanks again - I’m sorry that I took so long to support you by buying the software.

btw can I install on my preaching notebook?

cheers
    dan

6. Brandon Staggs

You can install on all of your own computers for your own use.

As for MS Word macros, I simply have no experience in that area and do not get many requests for that. I will keep the idea in mind, though.

7. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

Thank you very much Mr. Staggs.