Kerux Illustration and Sermon database

There isn't much information on the website about how the database is stored. Looks like you have to install it as software -- you can't just download the files for a look. How difficult it would be all depends on the format of the data. That being said, while he may be offering the database at no charge, it appears it is still a copyrighted work, so you would have to work with the author about getting a SwordSearcher module built.

It's a good program, and I just about all the modules -- some helpful illustrations available and some good sermons you can use as Bible studies.

I believe if you can't use the dbase files you have to use the program, though you can add your own sermons and illustrations to it.

I corresponded with Mr. Holwick via e-mail. He said..
"As a rule, we don't package ourselves in commercial products because so many of those who have contributed material to the database insist on it."
That being said, I stopped short of asking him whether he would be opposed to someone else converting that data into sword searcher modules. So there may be hope for dialogue in the future, for maybe a third party mod-who knows?

He went on to say that there had been some work on integrating his database into another Bible program (which I won't name). but yes, Holwick's sermon and illustration database is a great resource and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Back