KJV Spelling of Zachariah, or Zechariah

Pastor Langley

Need SS Forum advice.
Used this spelling all my life: Zachariah
Any input will be helpful. Someone pointed out that this is an "e" not "a". They say - Zechariah

Is the "a" simply used for us Americans? The more I search it looks like an "e".
My question is not on names, but OT Book of Zechariah KJV.

SS search:

2Ki 14:29; 2Ki 15:8,11; 2Ki 18:2 all spellings are Zachariah

SS Search in KJV Bible [how appears in window]

Zec 1:1 ¶ In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,

Maybe they're two different people? And Jeroboam slept with his fathers, even with the kings of Israel; and Zachariah his son reigned in his stead. (2 Kings 14:29)

As Marty said, they are different people with different spelling of their names. Zachariah was of the Kings of Israel and Zechariah was the son of a prophet.

Thanks all!
Again all I was asking is the correct spelling of the book of... Zacariah? uses "e" or "a".
Will use above spelling as in KJV, embarrassed of this. Seems it is in the KJV "e" thanks again.
Forgive me...
Another lesson on "Study the Word" and so foolishly have I done this thing.

Book of Zechariah, the 11th of 12 Old Testament books that bear the names of the Minor Prophets, collected in the Jewish canon in one book, The Twelve.

A New Study for me:
1704218094457.png
above is link to good reference on the names...

How is Zechariah spelled in Hebrew?
Zechariah (Hebrew: זְכַרְיָה), with many variant forms and spellings such as Zachariah and Zacharias, is a theophoric masculine given name of Hebrew origin, meaning "God/YHWH remembers". It comes from the Hebrew root זכר, meaning to remember, and yah, one of the names of the God of Israel.

Zechariah (Hebrew: זְכַרְיָה), with many variant forms and spellings such as Zachariah and Zacharias, is a theophoric masculine given name of Hebrew origin, meaning "God/YHWH remembers".

Because of this discussion I went thumbing through Zec. chapter 11 and noticed several words that reminded me of the book Song of Solomon. It dawned on me, perhaps Song is a prophesy of not a good woman, but of a bad woman lusting after her "many lovers". Jer.3:1. All metaphoric parables course.

Back