Library tab grouping

marty

Beta Tester
3. Is there a way to have two or maybe even three "Books and Dictionaries" sections or folders, so I can prioritize what I use the most, and so I can click on which one I want to view in SwordSearcher, (maybe in a tab up at the top,) without having to go in and out of Program Files folders to display what I want? My collection is huge (thank you) but I don't use all of them all of the time, but I sure would like them easily available all of the time, if you see what I mean. I apologize if I've missed a lesson or explanation from before of how to do configure this.

Thanks

Terri P.

Brandon, it would be very helpful if we could organize the tabs for our Books and Commentaries into "folder tabs" so we could sort through fewer modules. So I vote for this in an upcoming release! And I agree with Terri P. - SwordSearcher is a terrific value at $60! :)

Re: SwordSearcher 6.1 Release Announcement

Brandon, it would be very helpful if we could organize the tabs for our Books and Commentaries into "folder tabs" so we could sort through fewer modules. So I vote for this in an upcoming release! And I agree with Terri P. - SwordSearcher is a terrific value at $60! :)
Marty that is a "great idea" and Brandon would that be possible? I'm curious as to what might be the most user-friendly means to view once you clicked the tab-- would it open in a directory, a cloud, separate panel, links, etc? Could it be possible to edit the tabs somewhat like FIREFOX does (individually verses the whole) with separate colors, etc...........? I have all my individual panels in different colors to help maximize their effect which is great for us guys who wear glasses. Of course that is a personal matter of choice, but I like that there is an option there to do it:)
I actually bought a "very" large monitor because I needed to stretch SS out due to the great many BOOKS, COMMENTARIES that are available:) However on my laptop I have to streamline quite a bit as everybody knows in order to be able to have enough room to view the panel within reason.
I look forward to Brandon's response............and yes I'm in agreement with Marty that 60 shekels for SS is loaded with bang for the buck!
Thanks Brandon

Adding features like that and keeping it user friendly is always the challenge. I can't really describe how it would work until I start working on it. Many times I will work out possible solutions and realize they aren't good ones and start over.

Creating some kind of library tab grouping system is a logical progression for future development. Exactly how it will appear I can't say yet -- your ideas and suggestions can be written here and I'll certainly be considering all of them. Thanks!

Adding features like that and keeping it user friendly is always the challenge. I can't really describe how it would work until I start working on it. Many times I will work out possible solutions and realize they aren't good ones and start over.

Creating some kind of library tab grouping system is a logical progression for future development. Exactly how it will appear I can't say yet -- your ideas and suggestions can be written here and I'll certainly be considering all of them. Thanks!
Thanks Brandon......... I'm sure however and whatever you do will result in the same first rate product that is already reflective in what you have already produced.
I look forward down the road in what might additionally be added.

Back