Loading Parallels/Windows 11 Pro and SwordSearcher

I loaded parallels, windows 7 and SwordSearcher almost 10 years ago. I have a new 2023 Mac os 14.4 and I am told I need parallels desktop, windows 11 Pro and I have a link from Brandon that will load the latest sword searcher. Can someone out there who has recently done this help me with the process of where to purchase these, loading them and exactly what I need in a step-by-step how to do it? I just want the latest version of SS and I will just stay with it and not update so I don't need a update-able version of parallels or windows.

It looks like if you click Buy Now they do have a basic one-time purchase option.

There may be someone on the forum who uses this who can comment.

I loaded parallels, windows 7 and SwordSearcher almost 10 years ago. I have a new 2023 Mac os 14.4 and I am told I need parallels desktop, windows 11 Pro and I have a link from Brandon that will load the latest sword searcher. Can someone out there who has recently done this help me with the process of where to purchase these, loading them and exactly what I need in a step-by-step how to do it? I just want the latest version of SS and I will just stay with it and not update so I don't need a update-able version of parallels or windows.
You can probably get a 30-day free full-service trial period, and then buy Parallels at the end. There are two Parallels Desktop options: 1. Pay once and stay on that version until you pay again (may be OK for your needs); 2. rent forever.
The ARM architecture of the new Mac chips requires a totally new virtual machine, so you will be unable to successfully transfer your old Intel Windows Virtual machine via Mac's Migration Assistant. You'll have to make the new virtual machine from scratch. Parallels makes it very easy. Just look up some support videos on how to do it. From within Parallels you click on something like "Install Windows 11". (I recommend Windows Pro - see below).

You can actually get the Windows VM up and running on Parallels without spending anything up front. Windows will not be registered, but almost everything will work. Then when you want to license it after trying it out, you can buy a license online. The last I bought, I got from www.mrkeyshop.com, apparently a UK registered company owned by an Italiian company. I had no problems whatsoever. I bought WINDOWS PRO, not home. There is a reason. With the Pro version you can shut off the automatic updates and you have much more control of the machine. With Home, you're kind-of in the babysitting territory of the Microsoft ecosystem.

Eric, I bought windows 11 Pro from Mr. key shop, downloaded it via the media download as they instructed. When it downloaded the Media tool.exe it will not open when I double click it. I’m afraid I’m over my head and purchased this for nothing. Can you help

Eric, I bought windows 11 Pro from Mr. key shop, downloaded it via the media download as they instructed. When it downloaded the Media tool.exe it will not open when I double click it. I’m afraid I’m over my head and purchased this for nothing. Can you help
To clarify, did you install Parallels first? To install Windows 11 on your Mac you would have to run it from within Parallels. You could probably get technical support from the people at Parallels.

Sorry I can't personally help with this, I have never used it.

Cyrus,
You first need to install Parallels. Then once Parallels is installed, you within Parallels will install Windows11. Parallels knows from whence to download the Win11 file. It will install Windows and create your Virtual Machine. After all of that is done, you launch Windows from within Parallels and you can input the code you got from MrKeyShop.com. As far as I know, there is no need for any "media tool.exe", whatever that is.

Does this make sense? Can you do it or have you already done it?
I hope that helps,
Eric

There was no need to buy anything until everything was up and running. Both Parallels and Windows 11 will run for a while without buying them: Parallels for 30 days and Windows indefinitely (I guess), but with some limitations.

Maybe just buy an actual PC? ;)

Back