Making Memory Verse Cards

wsbones

Beta Tester
I puzzled through creating 2x4" shipping labels in MS Word 2010 to make a page of Bible memory verses. This page can be printed on Avery 5163 labels (10 per page) and then placed on 3x5 cards. The spreadsheet source file and the word doc are attached:

Unzip them to c:\temp and they should work as is. If you put them somewhere else you will have to locate the spreadsheet source file using the Word dialog in mail merge.
  1. Open the word document and select YES to allow the SQL command
  2. See the results from the spreadsheet as I entered them
  3. Close the word document
  4. Edit the spreadsheet and paste your own verses, 1 per line, into column A2 - A11
  5. Save and close the spreadsheet
  6. Open the Word document as in step 1. Change font and size, etc as desired.
  7. Your verses should now be ready to print on a sheet of labels

Attachments

• print bible verse labels from spreadsheet.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 250
Interesting...

Bill, Thanks for the work you did on this. It might be something we could use. We still use Word & Excel 2003, so I'm not sure if the SQL commands would work.

I've often wished for "built-in" memory verse card layout capabilities in Bible Software. I'd like to make various lists and save them and then just be able to print them out on demand. We just print them out and cut them with a paper cutter rather than using cards or labels. However, the time-consuming part is the layout.

The layout was what I wanted also. The avery 5163 layout gives you 10 verses per 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper which is nice. I'll attach the 2 files in the previous office format. Maybe that would help. You could actually use the Word doc as a stand alone layout and just paste verse into the 10 sections and then print it.

Attachments

• Bible verse labels from spreadsheet.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 242
Again, you just keep helping and helping! I appreciate your time spent and effort put in to so many things like this. For us the A4 standard is the paper we use most of the time, so the layout on 8.5 x 11 would only be useful when we're on the other continent. :) I think different paper sizes also have something to do with Babel and confusing the languages :)

Back