Module Installation

cdmeyer01

Fellow Christians:

What am I doing wrong when I try to install modules from the website "Salvationbygracealone"? I go to the site and click on the appropriate entry (commentary, book, etc.) and it downloads to my desktop; however, when I open it (double click on the folder), it just contains a lot of jibberish. I have installed other modules just fine, but for some reason (I'm sure ignorance on my part) they will not install properly from here. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance - if I can download the modules on this site it will significantly increase my reference library. By the way, I am using Windows XP.

Carl

Place the file you're download in your Documents\SwordSeatcher User Modules folder.

Thanks for the help: I will try to do it again and see if it will appear in Swordsearcher. I didn't make it clear in my post but I have tried it both ways - opening it within Swordsearcher and outside Swordsearcher. It was gibberish outside of Swordsearcher and it didn't appear as a module, book, etc. in Swordsearcher. I will let you know.

Carl:confused:

The files can't be viewed outside of SwordSearcher -- they are data files for SwordSearcher.

Any modules you download from a separate source need to be placed in the modules folder, or usually, in the user modules folder, for SwordSearcher to be able to load them on startup. (You will need to re-start SwordSearcher for it to appear.)

Are the files you downloaded either SS5book SS5cmty file types? What are the file names and file types of the files? Also what is the actual website. I tried looking at www.salvationbygracealone.com and didn't see any SS modules.

Nevermind the website, I found it at http://www.salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only/index.html

If the ss5cmty or ss5book type files are in the SS user directory, they should work like Brandon said. It should be automatic. When you open Swordsearcher the next time, the files should appear in the tab names.

Thanks for the help, guys, but I am just going to give up on downloading from this site. When I download modules from Bill's web site, they work just fine. Don't know if its the web site or something else, but I do not want to get something that I don't need. Thank you for the quick response. :)

I looked at the site, and it says that after you download, you have to change the ".zip". Did you do that? Or contact the folks that run that site; they'll probably be happy to help.

Back