Problems Editing user modules

Dallas

I am trying to create a user book. When I click edit my computer tells me the DHTML editor is turned off. I have tried to use microsoft update to correct this but with no success.

What can I do to turn this application editor on?

I am running swordsearcher 4.4 edition.

thanks,
Dallas

I am running swordsearcher 4.4 edition.

4.4 is a very old version (several years), and due to changes Microsoft made to Windows (through updates), you need to update to a more recent version to "fix" the editor features. Version 4.8 will do it, and you can get the free 4.8 program file update here.

Thanks Brandon,
I have updated my SwordSearcher program to 4.8. I am still experiencing problems editing user modules.

The note I get tells me to download an update for the DHTML editor at microsoft update. I have tried to do this several times with no success.

I am running windows vista. another note tells me to insert the microsoft office 2000 disc to reset the above editor (which office 2000) turns off. I do this also without success.

I have run Swordsearcher in the past with Office 2000 Pro. installed with no problems. This seems to be caused by windows vista.

Any other suggestions?

Dallas

I am running windows vista.

Please download the evaluation version of 5.2 and see if you can edit user content. Version 5.2 won't erase 4.8, so you can safely test it.

5.0 and later of SwordSearcher officially supports Windows Vista. Earlier versions of SwordSearcher were designed before Vista was available for testing.

Thank You, Thank You,

Brandon,
I worked on this problem with everything I could think of yesterday throughout the day. I have just purchased this new comp. with vista and when I loaded SS to it this is what happened.

I also had brother Regie Rhodes trying to help me on it.

we of course tried everything except downloading the trial version of 5.xx

now I know I definitely need to upgrade. I plan to but have to wait and budget for it:)

thanks again for your help.

bro. Dallas

Back