Psalms in Metre - Isaac Watts

Brandon, some of the verse refs in the 3rd topic did not seem to link the way I expected.

Here's an example of a verse reference that didn't link.

Psalm 1:3. L. M. The difference between the righteous and the wicked.

The L would be confused as a Roman numeral, I think.

The SwordSearcher user editor allows you to disable Roman numeral recognition (in the editor, select File, Configure Verse Reference Recognition). I need to make a new build of Forge to introduce this option there. I'll make a note of that and get it update ASAP.

The L would be confused as a Roman numeral, I think.

The SwordSearcher user editor allows you to disable Roman numeral recognition (in the editor, select File, Configure Verse Reference Recognition). I need to make a new build of Forge to introduce this option there. I'll make a note of that and get it update ASAP.

Thanks. That fixed the problem and I reposted the module with the fixes.

https://sites.google.com/site/wsbones/Watts.ss5book?attredirects=0&d=1

Here's another odd conversion. I can see what happened. The period after the 4.1 confused things.

Psalm 4:1. 1 2 3 5 6 7. L. M. Hearing prayer; or, God our portion, and Christ our hope.

converted to
Ps 1:1; 2; 3; 5; 6; 7. L. M. Hearing prayer; or, God our portion, and Christ our hope.

Brandon, Since you're going to do another Forge build, a thought ? maybe you'd consider expanding the "Report empty verses" function so one could choose just OT verses or just NT verses (or, better, yet, be able to select a book or books). I often use Forge to update my foreign translation, and I really like the "Report empty verses" function, but usually I only need to check one book at a time.

I just thought of another thing that might be even easier: I don't mind having all the info on missing verses even though I'm "Forging" a Bible module with only a few books in it. The problem is digging through the list to find the report on missing verses for that one book. Maybe if there were a blank line between the report for reach book it would be good, and a note "No missing verses" for books that have all verses. Then I could just scroll down to that one paragraph in the Forge window and see if all's well with that book. As it is now, it takes a while to find the references to that book ? and if all's well with that verse, there are none anyway.

Back