Scripture references and dates

GeorgeCurtis

In the "Scan Text for Verse References" feature, dates and page numbers in the text being scanned are highlighted and then converted to verse references when I select "Copy All Standardized." Here's an example:
This is the text copied into the "Scan Text..."
"Ministry to the Hurting
Mark 1:29-45 – October 21, 2012"
After selecting "Copy All..." it looks like this
"Ministry to the Hurting
Mr 1:29-45 – October Mr 16:20,202"

Is there a way to avoid converting these numbers and keeping them as dates or page numbers short of fixing them after pasting them into a user module?

The Scan Text for Verse References window is designed to be very aggressive at verse matching and errs on the side of linking too much text rather than not enough.

The editor, on the other hand, will not be so aggressive at linking material, so if you skip the step entirely you should probably achieve what you want. You don't need to use the Scan Text tool before pasting material into the user module entry editor -- it will do its own linking automatically.

Thanks Brandon - your usual quick response is greatly appreciated. I took your suggestions and found that the editor works well for my purposes. I suppose one would need to use the "Scan Text..." in a document where the scripture references are more obscure.

Back