Search for highlighting color, etc.

Eric

Beta Tester
Brandon,
I posted this in the "Future" section, since I don't think this feature is already available in SS. However, it may well be – I am often pleasantly surprised by what you've already included.

I would really like the ability to search the Bible for a certain color of highlighting. If I've consistently highlighted thematically, I would find a search for all those colors (and / or underlining) very useful.

Also, relatedly, I would find it very useful if the user could assign labels to the highlighting colors, e.g. red = atonement/sacrifice, green = eternal life, dark brown = sin, etc. Without color labeling, I need a genuine paper reminder taped up on my desk reminding me which color means what. :)

And another thing: I often wish I could highlight books and commentaries. Though, I admit that if I were to highlight them and also had the ability to assign labels to highlighting colors, I'd rather there were separate labeling conventions for the Bible highlighting and the book/commentary highlighting. For books, I'd basically like the ability to assign colors that correspond to such labels as "Good (and I agree)", "Questionable", and "I disagree". You can see how that would help with reviewing a book. After you've read and highlighted everything you noticed, you could search for those colors, and you've basically got a summary of possible items to include in your review of the book.

Some of your requests are on the feature request list already. I'll refer to your requests again in the future -- thanks.

Back