Strong's Hebrew Dictionary 5375

TerriP

SwordSearcher Strong's 5375 Hebrew definition of nasa:
or nacah (Psalm 4 : 6 (7)) {naw-saw'}; a primitive root; to lift, in a great variety of applications, literal and figurative, absol. and rel. (as follows):--accept, advance, arise, (able to, (armor), suffer to) bear(-er, up), bring (forth), burn, carry (away), cast, contain, desire, ease, exact, exalt (self), extol, fetch, forgive, furnish, further, give, go on, help, high, hold up, honorable (+ man), lade, lay, lift (self) up, lofty, marry, magnify, X needs, obtain, pardon, raise (up), receive, regard, respect, set (up), spare, stir up, + swear, take (away, up), X utterly, wear, yield.​
...has reference at the bottom of the definition:
See Hebrew 4 [eb, Aramaic, corresponding to 3:--fruit]
See Hebrew 6 ['abad aw-bad' a primitive root; properly, to wander away, i.e. lose oneself; by implication to perish (causative, destroy):--break, destroy(- uction), + not escape, fail, lose, (cause to, make) perish, spend, X and surely, take, be undone, X utterly, be void of, have no way to flee.]
See Hebrew 7 ['abad (Aramaic) ab-ad' (Aramaic) corresponding to 6:--destroy, perish.]​
I do not understand the relation of Hebrews 4-6-7 to nasa. I looked it up in my Strongs Exhaustive and that cross reference to Hebrew 4-6-7 is not there. Help please...?

It looks like there was a parsing error which incorrectly tagged the references to Psalm 4:6 and 7 as cross-references to another definition entry. Thank you for the report -- I will get it fixed.

Back