swordsearcher and e-book readers

tonyg

I am new to this forum and have a question that may seem pretty ignorant; (I'm nearly 64 and not overly computer savvy) but I would like to know if swordsearcher can be somehow downloaded onto an e-book reader like Kindle? I am extremely interested in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, (I have the actual book but it is awkward to use.......so much easier on the computer) but don't really want to sit at the computer, but would prefer to sit in my comfy chair where I usually read and study my Bible. So......is this do-able? I don't currently own an e-book reader but would buy one in a second if I knew I could have all that info available to me on a portable unit like Kindle or some other such device. Thanks for your help in advance......tony

No, SwordSearcher does not work on e-readers. The books in SwordSearcher are compiled and formatted to work in SwordSearcher as parts of an integrated study system -- while they can be easily read in SwordSearcher they do not work outside of SwordSearcher and most of the powerful features in SwordSearcher would not be available on an e-reader.

You might take a look at the videos at http://www.swordsearcher.com/video to see what SwordSearcher does.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions -- thanks!

I am new to this forum and have a question that may seem pretty ignorant; (I'm nearly 64 and not overly computer savvy) but I would like to know if swordsearcher can be somehow downloaded onto an e-book reader like Kindle? I am extremely interested in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, (I have the actual book but it is awkward to use.......so much easier on the computer) but don't really want to sit at the computer, but would prefer to sit in my comfy chair where I usually read and study my Bible. So......is this do-able? I don't currently own an e-book reader but would buy one in a second if I knew I could have all that info available to me on a portable unit like Kindle or some other such device. Thanks for your help in advance......tony

Tony, check into the little (7") netbook laptops. You can get one for well under $200 on ebay. Just get one with Windows 7 on it, and watch the hard drive size. Some come with tiny drives (like 4GB), 160GB is a good size.

Back