Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

orvals

I sent Sword searcher an email and then saw this forum so if you wish to answer on the forum Brandon you do not need to sent me an email. Here is my question. My TWOT is probably my most used reference apart from my bible and SwordSearcher that said is SS planning on adding the TWOT any time soon and if not is there a TWOT module out there that will work with SS?

Thanks for your input

orvals

It looks like this book was published in 1980. As such, it can't be distributed without license. I'll send an email to Moody Publishers and see if they're interested in a SwordSearcher modules for the TWOT. I wouldn't be able to consider adding it without their permission first.

It looks like this book was published in 1980. As such, it can't be distributed without license. I'll send an email to Moody Publishers and see if they're interested in a SwordSearcher modules for the TWOT. I wouldn't be able to consider adding it without their permission first.

TWOT would be an exciting addition.

Online's Hebrew mod includes the TWOT page refs, and once in a while this has proven very helpful.

An update for anyone interested: As I expected, they have no interest in licensing the text for use in SwordSearcher. They didn't even offer terms and simply stated there is no advantage in them licensing a TWOT module for SwordSearcher.

An update for anyone interested: As I expected, they have no interest in licensing the text for use in SwordSearcher. They didn't even offer terms and simply stated there is no advantage in them licensing a TWOT module for SwordSearcher.

That's too bad. Thanks for trying, Brandon!

Did they give a reason?

And did you let them know how popular the program is [ie: SAIF award]?

Did they give a reason?

Er, yes:

...simply stated there is no advantage in them licensing a TWOT module for SwordSearcher.

As for popularity, I had to fill out a form for their consideration that included that kind of information. They're just not interested. I am not surprised at all by this; it is exactly what I expected.

Er, yes:
-----
As for popularity, I had to fill out a form for their consideration that included that kind of information. They're just not interested. I am not surprised at all by this; it is exactly what I expected.

Oops, missed that the first time.

Maybe all the SS users who visit the forum could drop Moody an email and ask about the availability of TWOT as an SS mod?

After all money talks. At least mine does. It says "Good-bye!"

Well, if anyone felt like doing that, they could use mpcustomerservice@moody.edu -- at least that's the addy I used...

Blessings.

They didn't even offer terms and simply stated there is no advantage in them licensing a TWOT module for SwordSearcher.

How about increasing peoples knowledge and strengthening their relationship with their Lord and Savior, the very purpose of D.L. Moody's life.

How about increasing peoples knowledge and strengthening their relationship with their Lord and Savior, the very purpose of D.L. Moody's life.

Does that make the company any money? ;)

I went to the website some time ago and contacted them - whoever got my email didn't know what I was talking about. Maybe I didn't know what I was talking about!

I'm thankful for all the many study guides we have now and appreciate the efforts of everyone who has brought them to us - I'm especially thankful to you, Brandon, for SwordSearcher!

Moody likely uses an agent to handle publishing rights. Whomever that is has the primary goal of making their client money. There's nothing surprising about that, and it doesn't bother me at all. I think there are more than enough freely available texts to make up for it.

Just sent Moody an email. Boy, wouldn't that be something!

Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

So is anyone aware of any TWOT software, as an independent package, i.e., on a disk for Windows XP or Windows 7. I've been searching but I don't see anything.

I have been using TWOT a lot lately so it would be nice to have it on disk.

Thanks.

Oops, missed that the first time.

Maybe all the SS users who visit the forum could drop Moody an email and ask about the availability of TWOT as an SS mod?

After all money talks. At least mine does. It says "Good-bye!"

Well, if anyone felt like doing that, they could use mpcustomerservice@moody.edu -- at least that's the addy I used...

Blessings.

Absolutely brilliant Tim! I laughed for ages!

Back