Time Scale

James Taylor

I believe that a Bible with a time scale addad to it would be great to refrence where in the time scale of the bible you are reading. I have this in an old adam clark 6 volum set of commentarys and it is very handy. For those who have a better memory than i may not need it.

The Old Scofield has something like this. There is a number at the top of the center column that denotes years (BC or AD) that is relevent to what is being covered.

The scale is taken from Ussher work "Annals of the World", which has been reprinted recently. It is an interesting book, if you want to spend the money for it (it was $70.00 when I got mine, bit it had just come out).

The Old Scofield has something like this. There is a number at the top of the center column that denotes years (BC or AD) that is relevent to what is being covered.

The scale is taken from Ussher work "Annals of the World", which has been reprinted recently. It is an interesting book, if you want to spend the money for it (it was $70.00 when I got mine, bit it had just come out).

Mike or anyone, I like the dating format of the Old Scofield and heard of the work of Ussher. I'm considering adding dates to my Quiet Time Prayer Bible in MS-Word. Is this my most reliable source?

To my knowledge it is.

Ussher does get a bit detailed and has creation down to the day. I am not sure about that, but the general time scale seems realistic.

Back