topic and verse guide icon

wsbones

Beta Tester
If I drag across a verse reference in the Bible window and then click the TVG icon, it opens the TVG for that verse. It behaves the same if I 2click the verse and then click the TVG icon.

If I drag across a word in the Bible text and then click the TVG icon, it opens the TVG for that word. However, if I 2click a Bible word and then click the TVG icon, it does not show that word in the TVG.

Could that be changed in the next update?

I intentionally have the sync actions set to not bring up the TVG on 2clicking a verse or word. I prefer to use the icon or alt-T.

It seems to be working for me. I made a video showing what I think you want to have happen:

http://www.screencast.com/t/iDDxJaFd

You might take a look and pause on the settings screen I show and see if we are on the same page there.

It seems to be working for me. I made a video showing what I think you want to have happen:

http://www.screencast.com/t/iDDxJaFd

You might take a look and pause on the settings screen I show and see if we are on the same page there.

Brandon, thanks for the personal video. I attached my settings. The difference is I have an action set for 2clicking a word. It appears that the word is selected after the action but it does not show in the TVG if I use alt-T or the icon. It seems like it should be entered in the TVG as well as opening my dictionary. What do you think?

Attachments

• settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 252
Brandon, thanks for the personal video. I attached my settings. The difference is I have an action set for 2clicking a word. It appears that the word is selected after the action but it does not show in the TVG if I use alt-T or the icon. It seems like it should be entered in the TVG as well as opening my dictionary. What do you think?

Aha, I think I know what's happening. When you double-click a word, you have it set to open it in another panel, and the keyboard focus follows to that panel, so when you open the topic guide, the active panel isn't actually the Bible panel, and there is no selected text in the focused panel.

Aha, I think I know what's happening. When you double-click a word, you have it set to open it in another panel, and the keyboard focus follows to that panel, so when you open the topic guide, the active panel isn't actually the Bible panel, and there is no selected text in the focused panel.

Can the word be saved before the action?

Can the word be saved before the action?

It's certainly possible to change the behavior, but the way its design is now is to let the user select text in any window and press Alt+T to open the topic guide with the selected text filled in. What you are looking for is to not use the active panel but instead look into the Bible panel. I'll have to experiment.

For now you can press Alt+2 after double-clicking to set the focus to the Bible panel, so that when you press Alt+T it will use the Bible panel when looking for selected text to pre-fill.

I'll have to experiment.

For now you can press Alt+2 after double-clicking to set the focus to the Bible panel, so that when you press Alt+T it will use the Bible panel when looking for selected text to pre-fill.

Thanks. Whatever seems best to you is Ok with me.

Back