Torrey - Bible Difficulties

Thanks, Bill! As I'm soon to be visiting some skeptics, I'll read this! Very timely. :)

Hi Bill, I am having trouble downloading some of your stuff, which I would like to download.
this one is the latest (http://wsbones.googlepages.com/TBD.ss5book) and like the rest I keep getting :

Win_FileAssoc_Header.jpg
ect,

can you help please.
( as I have said before I am not a computer wizz kid :)

every blessings.

Hi John, I can tell you that you just need to save the file to your My Documents >SwordSearcher User Modules directory. When you click on the link that Bill provided and the popup box comes up, click on save and navigate to the directory above. The module will be listed with the other books the next time you open SwordSearcher.

If you're getting the error message when you try to download the file (as opposed to after), try right-clicking on the link and choose "Save target as..." and put it in the directory mentioned above.

You should see a dialog box like this when you click on the link. As Marty said, just save it to your SS User Module folder.
snap.gif

Bill, I don't get that dial box mine keeps coming up window cant open with two options FIND. SAVE. when I do save it still comes back to the original .
:roll:

Hi John,

Does anything actually get saved to your hard drive. Have you been able to locate a file called TBD.SSBOOK on your hard drive? Where does it save the file when you select the save option in the dialog box?

Have you ever been able to download a file from the internet successfully? Can you get files from Brandon's site (http://www.ssmodules.com)?

What browser and operating system are you using?

I don't really know what else to say. It should work. I can email you a copy if you like.

John, it sounds like you're trying to Run the file instead of Saving it. When you run a file that Windows doesn't recognize - Windows doesn't know which program the file is associated with and you get the message that you're getting. If you Right-Click on Bill's link, you should get a box that opens to your My Documents folder - you will have to scroll down to the SwordSearcher User Modules folder and double click on it to open it. Then click on Save and Bill's file will go into the modules folder.

I hope this helps. :)

I forgot to put in that when you right-click on the link, choose Save Target As...
popup.jpg

from the popup list, then you should get a box that looks like this:

savetarget.jpg

You'll need to double-click on the "SwordSearcher User Modules" folder to open it before you click on Save...

Thanks Bill and Marty, for your patience and time, it is fixed.

I had to delete the whole program and re download it again, followed your instructions.

every blessing :)

Back