Underlining

wsbones

Beta Tester
I wonder if there could be a shortcut like Ctrl U to underline a selected portion of Scripture in black (or the default underline color) without changing the default highlight color.

It seems logical to me to separate highlighting from underlining. I like the ctrl H shortcut for highlighting. Thanks.

Certainly something I can look into. Currently they aren't separate because they are combined into the concept of "markup," but a shortcut for underlining ought to be easy enough to implement.

I am highlighting with the cursor and then pressing ctrl-H but I don't see highlighting... How does this work?

Thanks.
T.

Are you using 6.1 yet? In 6.0 it's mouse-only. In 6.1 you can use Ctrl+H to apply the last-used markup method in the Bible panel.

Are you using 6.1 yet? In 6.0 it's mouse-only. In 6.1 you can use Ctrl+H to apply the last-used markup method in the Bible panel.

Yes I'm using 6.1. I am wonder if underlining could be separate from highlighting.

If it could then could ctrl-u be used for underlining in the default underline color, while ctrl-h could be used for highlighting in the default highlight color.

I find myself going to the drop down highlighting menu to select underlining for one use, and then I have to go back to the drop down to select the default highlighting again.

Even if Ctrl-u could just do black underlining of the selected portion of Scripture, that would be very convenient (at least to me). That would be fit the standard keyboard shortcut convention as well.

Yes I'm using 6.1. I am wonder if underlining could be separate from highlighting.

Gotcha, Bill -- TerriP seemed to be reporting Ctrl+H not working for her, and I wanted to make sure she was using 6.1.

I've got the separate key for underlining listed on the to-do list now. Thanks!

How about a hotkey for highlighting in the editor? I know Ctrl-H currently brings up search and replace but some hotkey combination would certainly save a lot of time.

Back