User Book

Thanks Bill. Your efforts are much appreciated.

You are welcome. I have a couple more texts to work on. I don't think they are part of the SS libraries yet. I haven't read them but they sound useful/interesting.

------------------
Title: Inspiration and Interpretation: Seven Sermons Preached Before
the University of Oxford: With Preliminary Remarks: Being an Answer to
a Volume Entitled "Essays and Reviews."
Creator(s): Burgon, John William (1813-1888
Print Basis: Oxford and London: J. H. and Jas. Parker, 1861
Rights: Public Domain
CCEL Subjects: All; Bible; Sermons
------------------
Title: The Causes of the Corruption of the Traditional Text of the Holy
Gospels
------------------
Title: The Canon of the Old and New Testaments Ascertained, or The
Bible Complete without the Apocrypha and Unwritten Alexander, Archibald (1772-1851)
------------------
Title: Warranted Christian Belief
Creator(s): Plantinga, Alvin (1932-
Print Basis: Oxford University Press, 2000
Rights: Copyright 2000 by Alvin Plantinga. Used by permission of Oxford
University Press.
CCEL Subjects: All; Philosophy; Apologetics
LC Call no: BT1102.P57 1999
LC Subjects:
Doctrinal theology
Apologetics. Evidences of Christianity

You are welcome. I have a couple more texts to work on. I don't think they are part of the SS libraries yet. I haven't read them but they sound useful/interesting.

------------------
Title: Inspiration and Interpretation: Seven Sermons Preached Before
the University of Oxford: With Preliminary Remarks: Being an Answer to
a Volume Entitled "Essays and Reviews."

This is available on SSModules here:

http://www.ssmodules.com/swordsearcher-modules/books/inspiration-and-interpretation.html

Title: The Causes of the Corruption of the Traditional Text of the Holy
Gospels
Also available:
http://www.ssmodules.com/swordsearc...f-the-corruption-of-the-traditional-text.html

Thanks. I didn't see them in my library and I ASSUMED. You know what they say.

How did you make the drop down list of topics stay in order without prefixing something in the book: Inspiration and Interpretation:

How did you make the drop down list of topics stay in order without prefixing something in the book: Inspiration and Interpretation:

My in-house build tools don't automatically sort the entries. I suppose I should add an option to Forge to expose that ability in books.

Being able to toggle off the automatic sort would be a nice addition in SwordSearcher's 'add entry,' too! :) In your spare time. :D

The Divine Inspiration of the Bible, A.W. Pink
https://sites.google.com/site/wsbones/PinkDIB.ss5book?attredirects=0&d=1

Converted from CCEL text file.

I'm curious why so many seem to really like Pink. I strongly disagree with his theological bent, and if we examine the fruit of his life, he seemed inclined to take his ball and just go home because he couldn't find a church that would play nice his way to the nth degree. (Over generalizations, I suppose. Sorry for that. But that is the way I've come to see him over time.)

So please don't misunderstand, this is not to be critical of you Bill, or anyone who is providing his works. But if you really like Pink (not you Bill but you who ever might like Pink), could you enlighten me? It really is an honest question. Thanks.

I'm curious why so many seem to really like Pink. I strongly disagree with his theological bent, and if we examine the fruit of his life, he seemed inclined to take his ball and just go home because he couldn't find a church that would play nice his way to the nth degree. (Over generalizations, I suppose. Sorry for that. But that is the way I've come to see him over time.)

So please don't misunderstand, this is not to be critical of you Bill, or anyone who is providing his works. But if you really like Pink (not you Bill but you who ever might like Pink), could you enlighten me? It really is an honest question. Thanks.

I don't promote him but I "like" Pink's "Gleanings in Genesis" because, frankly, he brings out some good stuff especially if you're teaching or preaching thru that Book.

As for his other works or beliefs, I don't really know anything about him. Personally, I can't recommend any author, including Pink, Scofield, Wiersbe, Larkin, Phillips, et al ad nauseum that I agree with 100%

I don't promote him but I "like" Pink's "Gleanings in Genesis" because, frankly, he brings out some good stuff especially if you're teaching or preaching thru that Book.

As for his other works or beliefs, I don't really know anything about him. Personally, I can't recommend any author, including Pink, Scofield, Wiersbe, Larkin, Phillips, et al ad nauseum that I agree with 100%

I suppose if we agreed with anyone 100% we would be them, their twin or possibly a very close relative (or a "blind" devotee).

I'd still be curious to hear back from folks who know and love Pink as to why. The one obvious answer, of course, is that you agree with his theology.

I admit I am very partial to Henry Morris. His Genesis notes are worth the price of admission, and his other notes on the Bible often bring out a creationists view point, which I appreciate.

Others like Spurgeon and Moody (quotes, for example) can add salt and light to a message or lesson. We are fortunate to live at a time when the centuries of Christian thought, good and bad, can come down to us in distilled and electronic ways, and we can be edified, enlightened, encouraged and exhorted by it all.

Just too much Pink floating out there for my tastes.

I've got "Scientific Creationism" by Henry Morris... But does he have a note set? When it comes to creationism, I like Ken Hovind. But some people shy away from him because of his tax problems/issues lol. I like his wit and sarcasm.

He was the primary author for the notes in the Defender's Study Bible, published by ICR. I have the electronic copy also which makes it easy to use in lessons, sermons, etc. But there are some great resources in the Bible that don't translate well to the electronic version I have.

Hovind's ok, but I do think some of his life issues have discredited him a bit.

I would add that whoever we read, we should always check out what they teach against scripture, because if nothing else, if what they have taught is correct, checking it out will confirm the truth in our minds.

I like David Pawson, because he brings out many fascinating insights which I may not otherwise discover. Much of this is in terms of the culture and customs of the time a scripture passage was written. He regularly exhorts his listeners "Don't just accept what I have said, search the scriptures to see if it so". However, I don't agree with everything he teaches - he teaches, or has taught, a local flood, for example.

Similarly, I enjoy Bullinger's Companion Bible, which contains a collosal wealth of information, but not everything he taught sits well with me - from time to time I have felt an annihilationist influence, for example.

I would however keep away from someone known for heresy, such as Robert Schuller, amongst many, many others!

I've never heard of Pawson. I'll have to check him out.

Fact is, the only thing in print that's infallible is the Bible (KJB:D)

That being said, I have different preferences in commentators, depending on what the criteria is for "liking" them. For instance, I think the way J.V. McGee lays out his commentary is the best I've seen. Scripture in bold, comments underneath. I may disagree with him on many points, but I've always thought that style was the best.

Hi Bill

I want to say thanks for your efforts, but after downloading, I can't get the module to appear in Swordsearcher. Maybe I need the latest version. Any suggestions?

Hi Bill

I want to say thanks for your efforts, but after downloading, I can't get the module to appear in Swordsearcher. Maybe I need the latest version. Any suggestions?

Which module are you having trouble with and where on your hard drive is it located? It was made with the latest version of Forge which may not be compatible with SS version 5 since it uses unicode characters.

Hi Bill

I'd like to help, too -- but need to know more. Which module are you having trouble with?

This one: The Divine Inspiration of the Bible, A.W. Pink
https://sites.google.com/site/wsbone...edirects=0&d=1

When I downloaded it, I was given the options of opening it with Swordsearcher, or saving it to disk.

I have tried both, but in both cases I couldn't get the module to appear in Swordsearcher.

As already mentioned, I am using version 5.5.

Back