User Created, Custom Devotional

Ravin

Love The Software! It's extremely convenient to have everything linked together in a never ending web of unfocused unity!
I get lost in the word like I never have before.

I was hoping to be able to use a daily devotion other than Spurgeon's, but I dont' know how to set it up so I can reference it by date And topic. I can access my devo online but it would be great to be able to even create my own book or commentary so that I could easily reference scriptures & have them all inter-connected.

Also, and I am probably just not seeing a setting somewhere, in my Bible pane I am unable to see or find a checkbox to show my user created books, though I can see my user commentaries.

Thanks for being open to reading my post, though you don't know me, or the fruit on my tree.

Corey

Why continue reading? GREAT REWARD! (Deuteronomy 25:4, & God follows All of His own commands:) )
#1 Love (Matt 22:37-40, Mark 12:30-31, +John 13:34)
#2 How2LoveHim?=HaveCommand+Obey (John 14:21)
#3 How?The Word IS the key. (James 1:8, Matt 6:31-33)

I was hoping to be able to use a daily devotion other than Spurgeon's, but I dont' know how to set it up so I can reference it by date And topic.

I would suggest creating it as a Book module. However, SwordSearcher's devotional functionality (date access on the Devotional menu) isn't applicable to user-created material.

Also, and I am probably just not seeing a setting somewhere, in my Bible pane I am unable to see or find a checkbox to show my user created books, though I can see my user commentaries.

The Book links in the Bible margin area only appear when there is a reference to that verse somewhere in the book. Once you've created some book entries with verse links (such as #Ge 1:1|), you'll start seeing the margin links where appropriate.

The reason you see the "Edit" links for your user commentary on each verse is because commentaries, unlike books, are verse-based, so an entry can be added to a verse just with the click. Since books are topic-based, not verse-based, there is no "Edit" link for books on verses.

Back