Review of SS in ms store in windows 8

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Hey folks, do you know that you can write a review for SS in the windows 8 store? The version they have for review is 6.2 but it is still a great version. I tried to say so much and ran out of space :eek:. So I didn't get to mention the great support via this wonderful forum. They only allow 500 characters which includes spaces (sigh). So pop over those who have win 8 and leave a rave review ;)! I found it by searching for 'Holy Bible kjv'

What a great idea, Ruthlyn! Thanks!!! On my way there now. :)

Hey folks, do you know that you can write a review for SS in the windows 8 store? The version they have for review is 6.2 but it is still a great version. I tried to say so much and ran out of space :eek:. So I didn't get to mention the great support via this wonderful forum. They only allow 500 characters which includes spaces (sigh). So pop over those who have win 8 and leave a rave review ;)! I found it by searching for 'Holy Bible kjv'
I can't find it - can you post the link?

There isn't a link, it's in the app store... like where you search for apps to install on the win 8 start menu (hope I'm making sense o_O)... I should have specified that it is in the apps store and not the general ms store... sorry Marty, my bad.

Last edited:
You can also just search for "SwordSearcher" in the Store app.

Ok, if I'm having this much trouble, I know other people will. I finally found SwordSearcher in the Store, and even read your review, Ruthlyn, but couldn't find how to add my own review, or even a rating. I clicked on everything. Sorry, Brandon! :(

I know that Store is one of the things changed a lot in the upcoming Windows 8.1 due to usability issues.

Anyway when I look at it, there is a SwordSearcher icon with stars under it so that a rating can be assigned, and right to the right of that it has a link that says "write a review." I won't write a review on it for my own product though. :)

I took a screen shot. I wonder if it's possible they yours is laid out differently due to screen size differences.

appstore.png

This is what I see:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 282
You can also just search for "SwordSearcher" in the Store app.
Sorry Brandon I got so excited when I saw SS in the store that I simply gave the search I did... OF COURSE we can just search for 'SwordSearcher' :D
Ok Marty I see that... what you have to do is click on 'Reviews' in the menu above the screen shot of SS.

Still not there - I'll look online and see why I can't add my 2 cents.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 282
Oh, yes I see what you mean :(... bcoz you HAD to click on reviews to see the posts... bummer, hope you figure it out.

Looks like it's a Windows 8 update issue. Lots of people are having the same problem and end up re-installing Windows 8 or restoring back to a previous date. This is why I don't like automatic updates. Everything is working fine and then an update causes problems. :(

Yeah, caused some problems on my desktop too... so I disabled the automatic updates ran an executable file MS gave to stop the frozen updating screen and have left the last 2 updates which were causing the problems alone!!! Patiently awaiting the 8.1.

I really don't want to spend all day trying to get the computer running right. I think I'll just wait for 8.1, as well. Sigh.

was able to leave review............:D

thanks for making aware, i am somewhat ashamed i have never left a review before:(

hard to put in all the great things about SS, brandon, the forum, you guys-- but maybe we can just keep building on each other so others will see what they are missing

Hey hey.... Just left a review, like SS deserve it!
Every one needs to know the way that this program brings knowledge about THE WORD OF GOD.
It is IMPERATIVE that people know about SS.
Of course I also talked about the " SS forum".
"Ignorance won't be an excuse when we meet THE LORD JESUS CHRIST"

Praise GOD ALMIGHTY !

Back