Net Based SwordSearcher

Gord

Beta Tester
Many folks have asked for Android, Apple, Linux and other Operating System based versions of SS.

What IF, there were a 'Web Based' version that could be accessed by ANY browser?

Is that even technically possible for SS? Perhaps a small user fee could offset the cost of server hosting? Company's like Turbo Tax and Quicken among others offer web based access to their software.

Thoughts???

It would be a completely separate project-- there's no real feasible way to put the application on the web as a service without redesigning it for that purpose.

That would be hard for me in the future to access SS because in the 3rd word/developing country (Philippines) $1.00 is a lot already. We pay for the Ethernet connection $50-100 for slow signal only, SS v8 is huge help for me in my study soon. Thank you so much Brandon and your team I appreciate all your efforts, GOOD JOB and faithful servants of God praise and glory be all to Him.

I think a web based version would be great as I still have a flip phone so can't use the apps.

Yes, please consider this. I know it's a big project but trend moving away from the PC to Chromebooks and tablets is growing.

Okay, no one asked for my opinion, as humble as it may be, but this is a "forum" platform by design so here goes. And certainly no offense to Gord, Smiley, and Monteu above, however... it seems to me that Brandon Staggs, the designer and administrator of this forum, has his hands more than full with this project alone. I mean it is clear to me all the work put into SwordSearcher - not to mention AV1611.com on top of that.

Now if enough of us would like to volunteer, under the direction of Mr. Staggs, if and as he is led and guided by the Holy Spirit, of course, to help work on the development of a web-based project you so desire, as outlined above, to put in 12-14 hours a day on it... maybe. But even at that, it seems to me that Brandon might have his hands plenty full with this one. And with us.

Just sayin.

"...Thank you so much Brandon and your team I appreciate all your efforts, GOOD JOB and faithful servants of God praise and glory be all to Him..." Thanks, Eric. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Okay, no one asked for my opinion, as humble as it may be, but this is a "forum" platform by design so here goes. And certainly no offense to Gord, Smiley, and Monteu above, however... it seems to me that Brandon Staggs, the designer and administrator of this forum, has his hands more than full with this project alone. I mean it is clear to me all the work put into SwordSearcher - not to mention AV1611.com on top of that.

Now if enough of us would like to volunteer, under the direction of Mr. Staggs, if and as he is led and guided by the Holy Spirit, of course, to help work on the development of a web-based project you so desire, as outlined above, to put in 12-14 hours a day on it... maybe. But even at that, it seems to me that Brandon might have his hands plenty full with this one. And with us.

Just sayin.

"...Thank you so much Brandon and your team I appreciate all your efforts, GOOD JOB and faithful servants of God praise and glory be all to Him..." Thanks, Eric. Couldn't have put it better myself.
I would love to be the first (in fact, the second, the first, of course, is you) to volunteer, as a web-based project would be great.

Back