Installed 8.1 Update on Ubuntu

Thanks for letting us know!

I just installed the download update 8.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS with no issues whatsoever. Runs like a champ.
Michael... Did you have to make any changes to WINE, or did it install easily? I have purchased each update, but have not been able to get from 6-8 up and running using Linux Mint. Currently version 18.3. Now that Microsoft no longer has previous versions of IE available makes it even more difficult.

By the way. I did have SS 8 running using Windows 10. It is beautiful. But, Windows 10 lasted a whole 9 days before I got rid of it. Yuck! :)

Michael... Did you have to make any changes to WINE, or did it install easily? I have purchased each update, but have not been able to get from 6-8 up and running using Linux Mint. Currently version 18.3. Now that Microsoft no longer has previous versions of IE available makes it even more difficult.

I run the latest SS 8.2.1.58 on Linux Mint 18.2 using VirtualBox (with guest additions) and Windows 10 Home. It runs exactly the same as my Window 10 boot drive. Even the Scourby audio files work correctly now on Linux with the latest Windows and VirtualBox updates.

Back