Panic, Panic, Panic....

God gave the answer. I was asking Him to restore your files for you. I'll sleep better, too, knowing this problem is solved! :)

YES indeed, thank you Lord For marty..... You are a blessing!
Highlights are no big deal in itself, i do have all of them in my KJV paper copy.... i will read through my Bible again as I put them back, if ever I cannot retrieve them.....:cool:;):)

Marty, thank you for helping Johnny last night. :)

As for the user highlighting data. Go to File, Preferences, Module File Locations. Show me a screen shot of what it looks like.

upload_2018-7-8_10-14-7.png

The problem came from the "name" change from my old "john" file to "johnluc" one....
What I don't get is I got back everything in SS8, but the highlights......
Today, i will reset; (with my pc friendly friend) my file as C:\users\john\documents\swordsearcher user modules\

So the file you are looking for from your original is Highlighting.ss6hilite and you will want to make sure it is in the folder that says "highlighter and reading schedule data stored here." Look for that file in your backup or your old PC, it's what holds your highlighting info.

So the file you are looking for from your original is Highlighting.ss6hilite and you will want to make sure it is in the folder that says "highlighter and reading schedule data stored here." Look for that file in your backup or your old PC, it's what holds your highlighting info.

Yes, thank you. I am figuring it out now. All is being save in the right file, and I am resetting my new laptop with the file name"john" instead of "john luc" which all my problems began with.
I will keep you posted.
As I said, I do have a KJV paper copy, with ALLLL the highlights within.
That I can live with. But all my notes, commentaries, books, indeed I was panicking...loll.
it should be fine.
THANKS you Sir, and of course, mostly marty. Ya'all been SO helpful.
Be Blessed, and then some , by the Lord Jesus Christ.:)

Just to be clear, it would not present a problem for SwordSearcher if your user folder was named differently than it was on the previous computer. As long as the files from "SwordSearcher User Modules" appear under "SwordSearcher User Modules" on the new user folder, they will be loaded when that user is logged in and using SwordSearcher.

Yes, I do have all my books,commentaries, and notes.
The ONLY thing missing is my highlights !!!

upload_2018-7-9_19-37-31.png

I can't figure out why it says, invalid setting file...!

You need to change the filename from highlighting.ss6hilite.ss6hilite to highlighting.ss6hilite - there is an extra ".ss6hilite at the end of the file - one file that looks like a duplicate is spelled wrong, so be careful to change just one file. Watch the spelling...

AMEN and AMEN, and AMEN, PRAISE GOD..... ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BACK IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for all the support, from YOU Sir and marty......

Back