TSK verse loading

I would like to see the TSK "load all references" feature be refined to have a tab for each reference portion of a verse. That is, when a verse has several words with separate references, have a tab for each one so they can be easily parsed and reviewed. Currently the system loads all verses into a single list which can get quite lengthy and difficult to isolate, review and/or copy the references for a second, third or fourth word in a verse.

I would like to see the TSK "load all references" feature be refined to have a tab for each reference portion of a verse. That is, when a verse has several words with separate references, have a tab for each one so they can be easily parsed and reviewed. Currently the system loads all verses into a single list which can get quite lengthy and difficult to isolate, review and/or copy the references for a second, third or fourth word in a verse.

You can go to the TSK commentary for the verse which has the verses broken down by section.

1607787854967.png

Wow that is excellent! I am impressed. But now that I see it I would make a suggestion regarding the arrows in the text. I see how it is activated in the settings dialog box however it would be real nice to simply have a icon toggle it on and off for both the Bible panel and the reference panel. So when one is engaged in it he can turn it on to see if something piques his interest and if not turn it off.

Also another question, when you print the reference verses, will it/can it show the arrows? Is there an option?

I don't understand, sorry. If you click the KJV-TSK tab you are choosing the KJV-TSK. The version of it with the arrows off is just the KJV tab. That's really the only toggle there is. :) The verse list is also module-based, so you can choose which module you are viewing there, too. It may help to think of it like this: The TSK arrows are not a toggle option, they are part of the KJV-TSK module.

There are options for how the KJV-TSK opens its verse lists in Preferences, which may be what you are looking for:

1608319886721.png

Also another question, when you print the reference verses, will it/can it show the arrows? Is there an option?

No, the arrows cannot be included in printing.

I was primarily referring to the links that show up in the other panel, that have the options to show the arrows in them or not. In the instructional video it indicated that the arrows can be turned off in the links but only in the dialog box.

I was primarily referring to the links that show up in the other panel, that have the options to show the arrows in them or not. In the instructional video it indicated that the arrows can be turned off in the links but only in the dialog box.
What you can do is make it so that when you click a TSK arrow, it loads with the KJV without the links. The screen shot in my previous message shows where that setting is. You can force it to use any module you choose, so set it to KJV, and then the verses that are loaded will not have the arrows next to them.

1608328914169.png

If you want to bring them back, just change the module in the verse list. You can switch between the KJV and the KJV-TSK in a verse list panel with the module selector at the top of the verse list panel.

1608328948548.png

1608329005006.png

(Note that I have my verse lists to always compare against the KJV, so mine shows a column of the KJV when I do this. That may be different for you depending on your settings.)

Last edited:
Back