Esther Chapter 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.r.a.i.g

I was copying the Bible today and was on the book of Esther. I was kind of surprised to see that it was 10 chapters because I thought it was less. Well when I got to chapter 10, I copied and pasted the text. At first I thought it didn't copy and checked the program where I copied the text. So I then noticed only three verses? I then check a different Bible program for Ester chapter 10. Once again, it showed only three verses. I DO NOT REMEMBER ANY CHAPTER OF THE BIBLE ONLY HAVING THREE VERSES! You think I'm loosing my memory? Do you remember Ester 10 and it only three verses? I admit my memory isn't the best.

Last edited:
Esther has always only had three verses (Esther 10:1-3). More than that, it's not even the shortest chapter in the Bible. See Psalm 117. (Psalm 117:1-2)

You could verify it by looking at your printed Bibles, or reading some of the commentaries on the chapter that point out the brevity of it, etc.

Well My memory is going in some ways. And then with all bout CERN and stuff. I feel like the newer Bible versions are taking away from the word of God. Hey quick question. Do mind when I'm done with my project if I post it on the thread so people can see it? I think it could help some people and I'm using your program for it, so I feel like it's related. Thanks

I am not worried about CERN, it can't change God's promise to preserve his word.

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.​

Of course I agree that modern Bible translations are missing things, those are deliberate decisions the editors of those texts have made.

If you are making something you think would be worthwhile to share, please review this:

Please, if you are copying text from another Bible program, make sure you have contacted them and determined the copyright status of the material you are using. Please do not upload any text you are not certain is in the public domain.

I am not worried about CERN, it can't change God's promise to preserve his word.

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.​

Of course I agree that modern Bible translations are missing things, those are deliberate decisions the editors of those texts have made.

If you are making something you think would be worthwhile to share, please review this:

Please, if you are copying text from another Bible program, make sure you have contacted them and determined the copyright status of the material you are using. Please do not upload any text you are not certain is in the public domain.
Yeah I know that. It's just difficult when a person't memory starts to go. Oh I'm not making a module right now. I'm trying to publish the King James Bible with the reference verses included. The whole verse, not just the chapter and number. Using Amazon Publishing and I'm not making any money from it. Going to set the cost for only printing the paper. Amazon charges some money for their side. So I thought it would help people because maybe some people on here know friends and family that don't use computers that much and can then read the Bible with the verse references included. So far I have Genesis done. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099TQL2W1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pursuant to Brandon's comment above "Of course I agree that modern Bible translations are missing things, those are deliberate decisions the editors of those texts have made." - Here is yet another opportunity to share how the Lord has Blessed us, using one of His dear children (Brandon) to help us all in our studies:

https://av1611.com/ and https://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/various.html

AV1611 is a comprehensive study that compares Bible versions - although meaning no disrespect (well, maybe, sort of), I hesitate to call some of those other "versions" by that Holy name, Bible. More like "bible/human" versions (note the lower case "b"). Or maybe "God's-Word-with-my-own-human-opinion-added-because-I-don't-think-His-Word-is-enough" versions. Big mistake. Huge:

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

These people are in trouble big-time, because it is not only their own pride that is an offense to me - and I am pretty sure more so to God - but also they are leading believers in a direction that God did not intend for them to go. And before anyone makes the comment that this admonition applies to the Book of Revelation only - me, I believe the entire Word of God is a Book of prophecy and we should not take it upon ourselves to change one jot or tittle from the original King James version - with the possible exception where there is a word that has been proven to be a literal mistranslation, and that is few and far between.

I mean for goodness sake, regarding this, adding to or taking from His Holy Word, we have been making this mistake from the very beginning. Look what the Word says, when God said:

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat* of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

*Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: אָכַל ʼâkal, aw-kal' a primitive root; to eat (literally or figuratively):—× at all, burn up, consume, devour(-er, up), dine, eat(-er, up), feed (with), food, × freely, × in...wise(-deed, plenty), (lay) meat, × quite

But Eve said:

Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

I mean I don't see where He said "neither shall ye touch it" or did I miss that?

We are talking about a Holy God. What we need to be doing is reverence Him more and staying away from man's and the world's devices and deception. Jesus is coming very, very soon and we need to be ready.

I could go on.

Thanks again, Brandon, from TerriP.

Last edited:
A very good book; "Which Bible Would Jesus Use ?" from Jack McELROY.
If you have doubts on your KJV Bible after reading that book;
might as well read cartoons ! ! ! !
;)

PLUS . . . Ecclesiastes is clear, isn't it ? ? ?
Ec 8:4 ____Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou? (KJV)

There is ONLY ONE king James Bible PERIOD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back