Audio Configuration Possibilities

georgeholtjr

Can it be done that audio playback be increased to 2.5x
Also, when automatically playing the next chapter, can there be a setting that it automatically 'checks' the reading plan for that chapter?

I've experimented with increasing the audio speed beyond 130% and I thought it degraded the sound quality too much, but I will investigate finding a better audio resampler.

I do have items on my to-do list for integrating audio playback more tightly with the reading plan system. Thank you for your feedback.

Not sure if this information helps, but with VLC Media player, I can hear the playback clearly at 250% but after that it's just too fast anyways (for me at least)

Thank you for your work,

much grace and blessings to you

Not sure if this information helps, but with VLC Media player, I can hear the playback clearly at 250% but after that it's just too fast anyways (for me at least)

Thank you for your work,

much grace and blessings to you
Is there some reason you want to zoom through the Word?

Is there some reason you want to zoom through the Word?
The Word is Jesus Christ, I can't really zoom through Him, but the word of God which I hold in my lap I do so primarily because of James 1:19...
So long as I can still connect dots and see new things, I tend to read-through at about 800 words per minute just for that purpose. I want to get to the point where I can read cover to cover in one sitting. I prefer in depth study of each verse comparing Scripture with Scripture, but every read through, slow or fast has always been very fruitful.

Blessings

I want to get to the point where I can read cover to cover in one sitting.
That is an impressive goal, but even at 800 words a minute would not that be like 16 an half hours. I imagine it would be hard to concentrate that long. At least it would for me.

That is an impressive goal, but even at 800 words a minute would not that be like 16 an half hours. I imagine it would be hard to concentrate that long. At least it would for me.
Yes, about 18 with small breaks; however, I have 3 kids under 6 years old, so I don't really see it happening anytime soon.
The "old man" was quite a wretch, staying up 3-5 days straight gaming, or working, always selfishly motivated.
Switching gears to selfless motivation goes completely against my flesh, but I know through Christ which strengtheneth us, we can do all things!
Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Yes, about 18 with small breaks; however, I have 3 kids under 6 years old, so I don't really see it happening anytime soon.
The "old man" was quite a wretch, staying up 3-5 days straight gaming, or working, always selfishly motivated.
Switching gears to selfless motivation goes completely against my flesh, but I know through Christ which strengtheneth us, we can do all things!
Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Amen and amen, like i said it is a worthy goal. i would love to know that you have completed it. i have two strikes again me, the "old man" the flesh and being an old man lol, in my youth the best i ever achieved was high 600's with a decent comprehension level. But i never tried to see or test how long i could accomplish it for. All the best

That's why I'm SOOOO looking forward to my glorified body when I'll be able to know even as I'm known!!! What a day, glorious day that will be 🤩😍

Amen and amen, like i said it is a worthy goal. i would love to know that you have completed it. i have two strikes again me, the "old man" the flesh and being an old man lol, in my youth the best i ever achieved was high 600's with a decent comprehension level. But i never tried to see or test how long i could accomplish it for. All the best
That sounds great! I'll let you know. Blessings!

You might appreciate this in reference to thinking of forever, of eternity.

Faith To Face​

Looking through a glass darkly,
I find many things hard to explain,
But as I steadfastly gaze within God's Word,
The Lord makes all things plain.

Faith to faith is what I'm living.
Day by day, I learn to see,
In a life that's so uncertain,
I know that Jesus still walks with me.

Faith means I learn to trust Him
And forget walking by sight.
As I'm filled with His peace and wisdom,
God's Word lights up the night.

Faith to face, it's a tiring journey,
Walking through this pilgrim land.
Though I cannot see around every corner,
I'm clinging tightly to my Saviour's hand.

He's preparing me for service,
Enabling me to walk through open doors;
I fight the battles that Christ gives me,
Knowing that He's already won the war.

Face to face, the day of His return is coming,
Until then, there are mountains to climb.
I will keep looking for that blessed hope -
Someday soon - It's just a matter of time.

Faith to face, I look forward to seeing Jesus -
What a glorious day that will be.
It will no longer be by faith,
Because, face to face, my Lord I will see.

Faith to face.

November 23rd, 2002
Jerry Bouey

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:16-17

For now we see through a glass, darkly;
but then face to face: now I know in part;
but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.
Revelation 22:4

Back